Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

budget

gwb

Hi all,
I'm planning to walk the Via de la Plata from early September 2006. I would love to hear from anyone who has walked it fairly recently and could give me some idea of how much I should budget for. Also, what is the best way to access funds; cash dispensers, travellers cheques, credit cards etc (I'm coming from Australia)? Thanks

gwb

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there gwb,

There has been a thread on the cost of walking earlier; the numbers mentioned are based on el Camino Frances. Even so, I am guessing that you would get a good idea from reading the posts below.

viewtopic.php?t=472
and
viewtopic.php?p=184

If anyone has anything to add to this please do so here. Are there any differences in cost between el Camino Frances and Via de la Plata?

Santiago greetings,
Ivar

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances