• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bus from Madrid Barajas to Ponferrada

Tangaa

Hola
Looking forward to my second walk on the camino in june 2009.
Anybody who have tried the ALSA-bus that departs from Terminal 4 at Barajas Airport, Madrid and goes to Ponferrada? Is it hard to find the busstop by the terminal? Would hate to miss the bus!
Yours
Anders, Denmark

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
i would love to see the answer to your question as i will be doing the same in September

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Actually I missed the bus because our plane was late and the busstop was several kilometres from the terminal, so I had to take the subway to Estation Sur - the only place with an ALSA ticket office... I got a bus in the evening and reached Ponferrada at 01:00 in the night - tough when you are walking the next day...
Therefore:
- Make sure that you have time to reach the bus!
- If you miss it - don´t r´try to get info at the airport or at the main trainstation - go directly to Estacion Sur des autobuses!
See you on the Camino in july 2010!
Tangaa

Tangaa,
I'm sorry you missed your bus, but I hope the rest of your Camino went well.

When you say that the bus station is several kilometers from the terminal, do you mean several kilometers from the older T1, T2 and T3? The map I linked to in an earlier post indicates that the long distance bus stop is right outside T4, but I think only Iberia and its partners use that terminal.

And the older terminals are quite a haul to the new one, imposible to do on foot.

Laurie

A selection of Camino Jewellery

You are right. The busstop is outside T4, but we arrived in one of the other terminals - I don´t remember which one...
The camino was great - except from the weather the first week

Tangaa

Most read last week in this forum