• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus Santiago to Melide

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, is it easy to navigate the new bus station in Santiago?
My bus arrives from Porto at 18:00.
I hope to get the 18:30 bus to Melide, but no big deal if I miss it, as there is another one at 20:00.
Would just like to know what the system is when I get off the bus from Porto.
Do I have to find a ticket office to buy the Melide ticket, or can I pay on the bus?
Thanks for any help with easy transit!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I hope to get the 18:30 bus to Melide, but no big deal if I miss it, as there is another one at 20:00.
Do I have to find a ticket office to buy the Melide ticket, or can I pay on the bus?

Monbus operates this line. If the taquila is closed you can always pay the driver directly.
Precio normal is 4.55 € so have some small change ready.

The new bus station is fine--the bays are below and all you need to do is take the stairs/escalator up and you'll see the ticket booth (and toilets if needed). There are some chairs if you get stuck and must wait for the 20:00 bus.
It is very easy to access the train station as well. Also easy to walk into town, if ever you need to.
Are you not planning on buying your Melide ticket online beforehand?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks, I didn't know I could do that for a short local journey! Will check it out.

The new bus station is fine--the bays are below and all you need to do is take the stairs/escalator up and you'll see the ticket booth (and toilets if needed). There are some chairs if you get stuck and must wait for the 20:00 bus.
Sounds just like the old bus station.

Thanks, I didn't know I could do that for a short local journey! Will check it out.

Hi, an update, have checked the Monbus website, and it is not possible to buy this ticket online.

Tickets can be bought at the ticket office, or on boarding the bus.

I hope the new bus station has a fairly decent cafeteria, so we can get some supper if we miss the 18:30 bus, and have to wait for the 20:00 bus 😃.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I know @ivar posted a video about the new transportation station a few months ago. I can't find it now, but you can see the layout. Maybe he can direct you to the video.

I know @ivar posted a video about the new transportation station a few months ago. I can't find it now, but you can see the layout.
Hi, thanks! Yes, I did watch it at the time.
I hope the new bus station has a fairly decent cafeteria
It was a rhetorical question really 🙂.
Every large bus station has a cafeteria.
In my experience the food and service is a bit hit and miss.
My worst bus station cafeteria food was a very horrible cold uncooked soggy croissant at the old Santiago bus station one morning in Feb 2020, while I was waiting for the bus to Ferrol 🤣.

Hi, an update, have checked the Monbus website, and it is not possible to buy this ticket online.

Tickets can be bought at the ticket office, or on boarding the bus.

I hope the new bus station has a fairly decent cafeteria, so we can get some supper if we miss the 18:30 bus, and have to wait for the 20:00 bus 😃.
Now that I think about it, it was through Flixbus that I bought tickets but that was a long distance destination.
Hmmm I do not recall any place to buy food in the new bus station. I wonder if the train station (next door) has something. In any case if you walk up the main drag there are shops--I think on google maps you could tell if some place is suitable.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
There has been some discussion about getting one way tickets to have more flexibility. Unfortunately I had to cut my Camino short because I was getting shin splints. Because I had a flexible...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back