• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus Times

Kennedy1

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - May & June 2013
Camino Finisterre and Camino Muxia - June 2013
Can anyone give me the current times that the buses leaves Finisterre and
Muxia for the trip back to Santiago . I just about finished the CF and would
like to continue on to Finisterre.

Kind regards, Kennedy1

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When you first arrive in Santiago after finishing the camino Frances route, drop Ito either tourist office and they can provide you with the bus schedules between Santiago, Finisterre and Muxia.

Hola, I think buses leave Muxia before 7am and also before 2;30pm to Santiago. Lots of departures from Fisterra at three hourly intervals. Last years timetable indicated 8:20; followed by 11:45; 15:00; 16:45 & 19:00.
Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Schedules for this Monday below. Change in Cee if returning from Muxia. The timetables can be found by searching at http://horarios.monbus.es/ if you want to check your exact date of return.

Finisterre to Santiago

Muxia to Cee

and Cee to Santiago

[EDIT]
Links to current timetables for Fisterra - Baio - SdC : Weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays/Festivals

Attachments

• MondayFisSdc.JPG
    MondayFisSdc.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,393
  • MondayMuxCee.JPG
    MondayMuxCee.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,382
  • MondayCeeSdc.JPG
    MondayCeeSdc.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,374
What the online schedule will not show you is the buses you can catch from Finisterre to Santiago that go through Baio.

There is an early morning bus from Finisterre to Baio whereby you switch and then catch a bus to Santiago arriving in there at 10:25. This is an ideal bus to catch if you want to jump on the 11:00 am Alsa bus to Portugal. The regular 8:20 bus from Finisterre to Santiago arrived at 10:45, a little tight if you are planning to catch the Alsa bus to Portugal.

Also note that the outbound buses take the coastal route ( 3 hours) while the inbound buses take the inland route (2 1/2 hours)

There are a few other buses later in the day that also go through Biao that are worth considering.

Again I recommend dropping into the tourist and picking up the printed schedule (it is a single sheet designed for pilgrims)

Thanks for this information! With so many options, it's good to have the links, as well.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for all the info it will help in planning my adventure.

Kennedy

Be aware re bus timetables for Mono bus from Fisterre to Santiago, dispute having downloaded a current timetable I was assured that there is no 0930 bus. I was there yesterday and planned to take a later bus to avoid the 0820 fight for seats. Minor detail I know but may be useful.
Regards
George.g

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I was assured by the hospitalero in Muxia that the Ferrin bus to Santiago, at 06.45, is considerably cheaper than the Monbus bus. Yesterday it cost €7.70 direct, which he said was roughly the cost of the journey to Cee. As all the dormitorty seemed to get up at 05.30 the earlier bus was not a hardship and both cafes, were it stops, are open at 06.00.

so there is another bus-company called Ferrin which drives from Muxia via Berdoias to Santiago Airport, see http://antigo.quepasanacosta.com/busescostadamorte.html
I got the Ferrin bus to Santiago last week and it didn't go near the airport and I can't see anything on that site that suggestes that it does, nor have I ever seen Ferrin busses at the airport, only Freire.
The Ferrin bus from Muxia to Santiago goes to the bus station.
From the bus station there are busses to the airport.

That's a great site for bus information though. :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello,
Does anyone know if the Ferrin Muxia to Santiago bus runs on a Saturday and Sunday?
Egbert.

egbert said:
Hello,
Does anyone know if the Ferrin Muxia to Santiago bus runs on a Saturday and Sunday?
Egbert.

egbert,

According to this web >> http://antigo.quepasanacosta.com/busescostadamorte.html
there is a Ferrin bus from Muxia to Santiago via Berdoias on both Saturday and Sunday at 07:30 arriving 09:30, on Saturday at 14:30 arriving 16:30 and on Sunday at 18:45 arriving 19:45.

The listed telephone number for Ferrin is 981 47 36 43.

Before you start your walk towards Muxia when you are in Santiago ask at the Galicia Tourist office for info regarding the Finisterre/Muia caminos.Their staff is friendly and most helpful. Located near the cathedral at Rúa do Vilar, 30-32 they have a useful free multi-language listing of all the current facilities in every village found along these caminos including accommodation, shops, bars/restos, and bus schedules.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My 18 year old son has just finished the Camino Frances from St Jean to Santiago and is in route by foot to Muxia and then Fisterra. In order to return to Santiago in time, he wants to book the 8:20am bus online from Fisterra to Santiago on July 24 but he can't figure out how. I see it on the Monbus website, but I can't seem to book the ticket online for him either. He is concerned that if he waits to buy the ticket on the bus (as I have read can be done), there might not be enough seats. Can anyone explain how to buy the Fisterra to Santiago bus ticket online or in advance (maybe as he is walking through Muxia)? Are there other options beside Monbus? Thanks for your help!

CaminoSummer2013,

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to book/reserve a seat on the Monbus from Finisterre to Santiago. You pay the driver as you board and take a seat. There is a convenient bus stop next to the municipal albergue in Finisterre; the door we pilgrims use to exit from the albergue in the morning is adjacent to the stop. That morning bus back to Santiago at 8:20am on July 24 should be VERY busy since many pilgrims would wish to return to Santiago to participate in the city's celebrations prior to Saint James's day on the 25th. Another option might be for a group of pilgrims to hire a taxi for their return; if so they and the driver should be sure to agree on the final price before setting off.

I wish your son a Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

We travelled back from Fisterra to Santiago in early June having obtained from the very helpful staff at the Santiago Tourist Office a timetable for bus services on the Costa da Morte. There are two services, one run by Monbus, the other by Vasquez Aucasa. We took the 7.50 Vasquez bus which runs to A Coruna and changed at Baio for a bus to Santiago. There was a fifteen minute wait at Baio but the bus still arrived in Santiago at 10.25. There was a crowd of other pilgrims already waiting at 7.50 but they nearly all stayed back for the Monbus. I assume they were put off by the "A Coruna" sign on the Vasquez bus. Both services run another bus later in the morning. Laurie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I just did this last week.
You can purchase your ticket at the tourist shop in Finisterre, (which i did the day before) or sirectly from the driver (which many of the other passengers did.
Cheryl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back