• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Caminha north to Redondo last, surface?

Telelama

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (Sep - Oct'14)
Frances (May - Jun'15)
Portugues (May - Jun'16)
Primitivo (2020)
Hello, currently in Caminha and the Senda Litoral has got to be 80% asphalt, concrete or cobblestone. Switched to the Coastal midway today and even the logging roads in the hills are cobblestone. It has been brutal on our feet. Is it the same north to Redondela?

Thanks!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
No. There is no more cobblestones once you leave Portugal and enter Spain.
Had the same feelings just two weeks ago. I started to hate cobblestones on the Camino Portugues. See my stages here (link)

Last edited by a moderator:
While in Tui, I suggest to pick up a leaflet about the new Alternative Route to Porriño, officially designated and supported by the Local Governement of Galicia. If you don't have the leaflet, don't worry, there will be a lot of info on the way. It is a beautiful nature walk all the way to Porriño. I can recommend it. As I found Porriño to be a busy and loud town, myself I continued to a cute little quiet barrio of Mos.

Mos
3Ebj8wZD13fitPo8Zi3L1Tl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9

Mos albergue
mos-baia-1.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks Arthur, glad to know no cobblestones, but what about asphalt and concrete? Is it paved paths or dirt tracks?

We depart in 45 min, so any help any of you can extend to assist our route would be greatly appreciated.

Just read through my blog entry for the stage out of Redondela. There is a fair amount of road walking I would say, mixed with some woodland. A couple of nasty crossings of a busy road. Take care. You can read my post here
Bom Caminho

I'm sure its a great blog entry, but we don't have that kind of time! Leaving now, need to know now, but thanks for the effort. I guess we'll punt....

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back