• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Caminho de Torres

Camembert

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Olá
Anybody here on the forum has an overview of the individual ( Portuguese) stages of de Caminho de Torres from Lamego to Valença do Minho?
I am intending do walk a part of this caminho
I found some information on a Spanish website but not specified the specific stages, distances and places to stay.
much appreciated to get some more detailed information.
abraço
Albertinho

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I walked the Torres and Geira last fall and it was fabulous. (Salamanca to Braga on the Torres, and then the Geira from Braga to Santiago). I’ve moved this thread to the Torres sub-foroum, and if you scroll through you’ll see a lot of info. We put it in Spain, because that’s where it starts, even though only the first few days are actually in Spain!

Once you hit Braga, you can continue on the Torres, which merges with the Portugués Central and will get you to Valença, or take the Geira, which is spectacular.

My FindPenguins is listed below in my signature.

Bom caminho, Albertinho!

I walked the Torres and Geira last fall and it was fabulous. (Salamanca to Braga on the Torres, and then the Geira from Braga to Santiago). I’ve moved this thread to the Torres sub-foroum, and if you scroll through you’ll see a lot of info. We put it in Spain, because that’s where it starts, even though only the first few days are actually in Spain!

Once you hit Braga, you can continue on the Torres, which merges with the Portugués Central and will get you to Valença, or take the Geira, which is spectacular.

Bom caminho, Albertinho!
Hi
How do I find the Torres sub- forum?
Starting this Saturday and getting a bit concerned by a lack of useful accomodation info e.g. a list with phone numbers/ hope they use WhatsApp in Portugal
Mick and Carol

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Bom caminho, Albertinho!
Thank you Laurie. I just found your FindPenguins page and description of this caminho.
very interesting and I saved it to have it as a guide for my preps.
Grande abraço also from my wife to you.
Albertinho

Hi
Starting this Saturday and getting a bit concerned by a lack of useful accomodation info e.g. a list with phone numbers/ hope they use WhatsApp in Portugal
Mick and Carol
With permission of Laurie (Peregrina2000) if she does not object but this is her great information

Hi
Mick and Carol
Right here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-torres-salamanca-braga.176/

There are several excellent live threads, particularly those by Nick/jungleboy and Alan Sykes. You can scroll through the thread titles easily.

The University of Salamanca website was my only source outside the forum.

In my experience, WhatsApp is less popular in Portugal than in Spain, but I didn’t have too many kerfuffles with accommodation.

Are you going to go onto the Geira in Braga or continue onto the Portugués? Here’s one vote for the Geira, and there’s also a sub-forum for that in case you are interested.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I walked the Torres from Salamanca, continuing on the Coastal and Espiritual in 2018. I posted to my blog each day with info on accommodation, stage distances and elevation profiles. You are welcome to take a look here starting at day 35.

I walked the Torres from Salamanca, continuing on the Coastal and Espiritual in 2018. I posted to my blog each day with info on accommodation, stage distances and elevation profiles. You are welcome to take a look here starting at day 35.
Oh, how could I forget THAT???? Invaluable. Sorry to have forgotten that, Maggie, and as you know, you were my go-to source!

Hi
Mick and Carol
Hi Mick & Carol
I walked the Torres back in 2016, so my info would be a bit out of date! Quite a few have posted more recent material.
But please post some updates to brighten up my Sth Aussie winter 😎
Catch-up with Luis Quintales (responsible for recreating the history of this Camino) in Salamanca for a vino - lovely guy!
Also prepare yourselves for the avalanche of pilgrims (compared to the Torres) once you reach Ponte de Lima !
Rodney.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Right here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-torres-salamanca-braga.176/

There are several excellent live threads, particularly those by Nick/jungleboy and Alan Sykes. You can scroll through the thread titles easily.

The University of Salamanca website was my only source outside the forum.

In my experience, WhatsApp is less popular in Portugal than in Spain, but I didn’t have too many kerfuffles with accommodation.

Are you going to go onto the Geira in Braga or continue onto the Portugués? Here’s one vote for the Geira, and there’s also a sub-forum for that in case you are interested.

Thanks for info, plan is to do Geira from Braga.
Mick

Thanks heaps, Magwood. We have been using your invaluable blog (and following your yellow line) since we started in Almería early April. Great resource. Absolutely loved the Mozarábe. We'll continue on the Geire e dos Arrieiros from Braga.

Thanks heaps, Magwood. We have been using your invaluable blog (and following your yellow line) since we started in Almería early April. Great resource. Absolutely loved the Mozarábe. We'll continue on the Geire e dos Arrieiros from Braga.
Thanks for the comment @carold - it’s always nice to hear that the blog has been useful.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.