• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Mestizaje of the Americas

Camino Joe 2021

The Walking Man Walks
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2022, Portuguese Coastal Espiritual 2023
Does anyone know if this is an actual pilgrimage or just an official starting point? “Camino Del Mestizaje” AKA, the Baby Steps Camino. Please forward any references.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Well I presume you’ve seen this https://totallystaugustine.com/july...ceremony-takes-place-in-st-augustine-florida/

Is it an official pilgrimage? Let’s not go there. The text implies that it has been recognized by the cathedral authorities in Santiago as a contributory route for those undertaking the short Camino Ingles from A Coruna. The link to the “Baby Steps” Camino didn’t work for me and I’m not inclined to pursue it

Thank you Tincatinker for that link. I did find some good information.

If I understand what I am reading this is the 7th annual organized 30 mile beach walk scheduled for DEC 13-15, 2024. I found this [edited for length] information.

About the Pilgrimage.
Welcome, dear pilgrim, to the 7th Annual Baby Steps Camino™️, our three-day Advent sojourn of prayer, reflection, sacrifice, worship and fellowship. The word “pilgrim” comes from the Latin “peregrinus,” meaning stranger or crusader.

The Order of Malta American Association is presenting the Baby Steps Camino™, a 3-day beach-walking pilgrimage from Jacksonville Beach to Our Lady of La Leche National Shrine at Mission Nombre de Dios in St. Augustine. The Bambino Camino™ is the last two and a half miles of the pilgrimage. This “mini pilgrimage” from Vilano Beach to the Shrine is on the final day of the pilgrimage.

You reflected on "Is it an official pilgrimage?" As to whether it was official or not, that was not my question, but it is a valid question after all. Here is the answer:
On July 25, 2023, another landmark was observed, as the Cathedral de Santiago, and the Camino de Santiago International Tourist Office formally recognized the Cathedral of St. Augustine, Our Lady of La Leche National Shrine at Mission Nombre de Dios, and our Baby Steps Camino™️, as officially part of the Camino de Santiago, under the title of “Camino De La Unidad.” New pilgrim credentials have been created for these sites, and walking the Baby Steps Camino™️ will now count toward the requisite miles walked in Spain to obtain the celebrated pilgrim Compostela. Even if you don’t go to Spain, you will receive our official pilgrim stamps in your official passport, and will be presented a Compostela memorializing completion of our Camino.
Be that all as it may, official or not, our Baby Steps Camino™️ pilgrimage is still your personal passage to solace and sanctity, fidelity and fellowship, in the present day, right here on the age-old footpaths trod by our forbears in the Faith.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well I presume you’ve seen this https://totallystaugustine.com/july...ceremony-takes-place-in-st-augustine-florida/

Is it an official pilgrimage? Let’s not go there. The text implies that it has been recognized by the cathedral authorities in Santiago as a contributory route for those undertaking the short Camino Ingles from A Coruna. The link to the “Baby Steps” Camino didn’t work for me and I’m not inclined to pursue it
We went to St. Augustine a few months ago. We stopped by the cathedral office and they told us they have no stamp, no credential and no program. They could not describe a 25 km path. They told us that the National Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche, just 1 mile north of the cathedral, had borrowed the stamp and never given it back! Indeed, the visitor center at the shrine has it. But they also had no idea what the 25km path is. In their view, if one brings a credential, gets their stamp and has a priest testify that one has walked 25km, that should be good enough for Santiago.

We were very disappointed. If anyone from St. Augustine has an update, please share it on Ivar.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back