Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino del Norte

PJN

Camino(s) past & future
-
We are finishing Camino Francés this year - walked over several years - and seriously thinking about Camino del Norde starting 2021.
should we start in Bilbao ? And where can we get the new Credential in Bilbao ?
x

NYSE

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances & Camino Finisterre/Muxia April 2019
I am starting in Bayonne, France at the cathedral mid March 2021. At least that's my plan.

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
We are finishing Camino Francés this year - walked over several years - and seriously thinking about Camino del Norde starting 2021.
should we start in Bilbao ? And where can we get the new Credential in Bilbao ?
x

Or you could order it on this forum.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
I am sure you can get it at the cathedral and I would also check Gronze.com. When you look at the descriptions of the different albergues and hostels it will say which ones offer credentials.

NomadBoomer

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (September 2017), Vdlp (April 2018)
We were planning to start walking from Bilbao in June. Not looking possible now. I posted about getting a credential there as we were flying in the evening and starting the walk the next day. General advice was best to get before you arrive. Saves worrying. I got some from this site. Even to Australia postage was reasonable and arrived very quickly.

zenofmatthew

Camino(s) past & future
The dimensions of
length and breadth are now unplanned,
depth and time are cast.
My wife and I have been watching Efren Gonzalez traverse the Norte as we love the Basque Country. She'd even walk on this path. We too would start in Bayonne and going to Luarca would probably be as far as we could get in one attempt. @NYSE that'd be about the time we could go, fingers crossed to get out and do this.

Joe.Iozzi

Member since 2016
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2015, Camino Portuguese 2016, Camino del Norte 2017,
In my opinion, if you are not used to walking in mountainous country and are not in great shape, it is best to begin in Bilbao. The first few days from Irun toward Bilbao have great scenery but also a lot of elevation gain every day, ranging from over 500 meters (about 1,450 feet) to over 900 meters (about 3,000 feet). From Bilbao westward the Norte is a beautiful walk, lots of up and down but no big hills until you get to Galicia.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I started in San Sebastian and although I am thin and relatively fit I am no marathon runner or exercise fanatic. I managed fine without injuries. The beauty of the route made up for any hardship I felt I encountered. I also always stopped often to take pictures...a good way to catch your breathe.

Advertisement

Booking.com