• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to sleep on the espiritual way?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Is it right that there is no list of sleeping addresses for the Espiritual way?
Thanks for answering,
Teuny

The Wise Pilgrim and Buen Camino apps both have guides to accommodation. This forum also has great info on particular accommodation options, if you use the search functions

If you want to really treat yourself, my husband and I stayed at Casa Prado de Carballo in Armenteira. It is a couple miles off the Camino, but if you call them, they will come pick you up and deliver you back to the Camino in the morning. We just finished the Coastal Route, starting in Porto, and it was our absolute favorite place. The people, the setting, the food. I can't recommend it more highly.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The Spiritual Variant is going to be interesting to watch this year. Two big changes occurred in Armenteira this year. The albergue has 25 possible beds (count from a pilgrim this morning) instead of the 32 beds last year. (The old operator was terminated for exceeding the authorized number). Yesterday at 13:00 they were turning people away.

At the monastery, the nuns changed their policy and no longer take reservations for pilgrims and last year in the summer had no pilgrim beds for July, August and September. It is possible to reserve a two night stay except July to September when it switches to a 3 night minimum. I stayed there last year, and I recall about 5 double rooms were used for pilgrims.

Other options include the Pousada de Armenteira has 23 rooms, but they are over 150€ a night with some dates already sold out. There are a few other places, but no where near enough to handle the numbers that I expect this year based on all of the increased awareness of the SV.

Armenteira was our stop on April 19 and the auberge was full. Five of us shared a house for 20 euros each and I can't rave enough! Our host picked us up in front of the monestary, drove us back for the Blessing of the Pilgrims and then brought us to the Camino path the next morning. The house was stunning, there was a pool and a washing machine, we each got our own bedroom AND our host cooked us tortilla and paella (additional cost).

If you want the same experience in Armenteira, here is our host's contact information:

Casa Vacacional Busto
653 68 41 44

It was very easy to communicate via Whatsapp.

Armenteira was our stop on April 19 and the auberge was full. Five of us shared a house for 20 euros each and I can't rave enough! Our host picked us up in front of the monestary, drove us back for the Blessing of the Pilgrims and then brought us to the Camino path the next morning. The house was stunning, there was a pool and a washing machine, we each got our own bedroom AND our host cooked us tortilla and paella (additional cost).

If you want the same experience in Armenteira, here is our host's contact information:

Casa Vacacional Busto
653 68 41 44

It was very easy to communicate via Whatsapp.
BTW, the Spiritual Variant was worth every step. Leaving Armenteira is the most beautiful section of the Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back