• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Norte

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Great photos. Very interested to watch your journey. I will be walking Santander to Gijon/Aviles in July....

Please provide us regular reports on your progress and other experiences. Route, Accomodation, pilgrims encountered etc

I’ll start in Bayonne in September.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Enhorabuena, are there many pilgrims on the way now, I'm off to CDN in two weeks, feeling the thrill

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just arrived at the beautiful Albergue in Columbres. It has 117 beds and I’m the first pilgrim to arrive. They have turned me away as the place is fully booked. Absolutely shocking!

However, Gronze says that in the municipal des Colombres there are only 9 beds...

However, Gronze says that in the municipal des Colombres there are only 9 beds...
It is not municipal. It's a wonderful private donativo albergue owned by an East European pilgrim. Highly recommended

OP probably went to El Cantu. It looks very attractive on the outside, but inside... not as much
It is a tourist albergue and they very often rent the entire place to school groups

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
It is not municipal. It's a wonderful private donativo albergue owned by an East European pilgrim. Highly recommended

OP probably went to El Cantu. It looks very attractive on the outside, but inside... not as much
It is a tourist albergue and they very often rent the entire place to school groups
Unfortunately I didn’t get to see the inside 😂 I’m trying to do it old skool style but proving difficult since Santander. The plus side is I’m finding some nice places off main stages, the down side is long days and extra km’s. Now off to Pendieles via the coastal route,

Buen Camino 😉

Well a bit down from Colombres there in a nice pension Oyambre (you walk by it) which I can recommend as well. I stayed there for two nights a few years ago. The price on Gronze is 35 euro for a single.

If I were going to Pendueles at this time of day, I would probably call first and see if there is a bed for the night for me...

*takes note for my imminent Camino*

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Now 16 days on on the CDN and need to decide if I take the Primitivo or stay on the Norte. If anyone has done both which is the most scenic and has the less asphalt?

Thanks Mark

Most read last week in this forum

please could anyone advise the current status of accomodation in albergues et al. We (couple) are starting on Wednesday next week. Thanks
An article on the El Correo website reporting on very high occupancy rates at the albergue in Markina on the Camino del Norte. Full almost daily...
I’m travelling to Irún today to start my Camino tomorrow morning - I’m flying to Biarritz getting in at 4pm, planning on catching the bus to Hendaye and walking to the pilgrims hostel from there...
Hello everyone, I will have to work digitally about every other day from Irun to SdC (bringing an iPad). What are the wifi connections like along the entire route? What about the Primitivo? Thanks.
Hola fellow pilgrims, asking for a friend who is currently on the Norte. His pack is too heavy, can someone tell us how he would send the excess items home to Canada and the cos?. Alternatively...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.