• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances April 2016

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My name is Rusty, 50 and I live in Texas. I will be walking the Camino Frances for my very first time. I plan to start from SJPDP on April 26, 2016. I have been planning this trip for about 2 years now. I have received a tremendous amount of information from this website.
You will have such a great time, Rusty! I am happy for you. This website really helps, doesn't it? It helped me.

One thing I wish I had done two days before I left was PACK. I played around with my back pack a lot, and definitely was busy sifting through gear, getting it in its storage bags, etc., but the night before I flew out of Oregon, my dear friend accidentally sewed my pack "closed" on the top. Sigh.....she was attaching the forum badge for me, and another patch, and just didn't see that I had two zipper compartments on the top of my pack. This was a major setback to my plans, ha ha!

So.....get ready before, and also, I suggest that you get ready for a lot of shoes on shoes off at the airport, by perhaps wearing your crocs and packing your boots. Just an idea! Boots do take up some room.

Enjoy!

My name is Rusty, 50 and I live in Texas. I will be walking the Camino Frances for my very first time. I plan to start from SJPDP on April 26, 2016. I have been planning this trip for about 2 years now. I have received a tremendous amount of information from this website.

I've been planning on our trip the same amount of time & it will be my first camino as well. I loved the information that I have gleened from this site as well.

My group is starting the same day from SJPdP. It is my birthday trip - turning the big 5-0. There is a group of 4-6 of us (four are comfirmed and two more have yet to purchase their tickets). We will probably see you on the camino. I'm in the process of researching what to do in SJPdP. Have fun planning!
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You will have such a great time, Rusty! I am happy for you. This website really helps, doesn't it? It helped me.

One thing I wish I had done two days before I left was PACK. I played around with my back pack a lot, and definitely was busy sifting through gear, getting it in its storage bags, etc., but the night before I flew out of Oregon, my dear friend accidentally sewed my pack "closed" on the top. Sigh.....she was attaching the forum badge for me, and another patch, and just didn't see that I had two zipper compartments on the top of my pack. This was a major setback to my plans, ha ha!

So.....get ready before, and also, I suggest that you get ready for a lot of shoes on shoes off at the airport, by perhaps wearing your crocs and packing your boots. Just an idea! Boots do take up some room.

Enjoy!
Thanks for the advice. I think wearing crocs and packing the boots is a great idea. I have been working to organize my pack and gear so that it works best for me. However, I'm sure I will change thinks once I'm on the journey.

Buen Camino Rusty. :)

Welcome fellow Texan and wishes for a buen camino to you and yours!
daniel

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Buen Camino! Enjoy every step (even if said step hurts sometimes), SY

It's a great forum isn't, wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Rusty,
My name is Lama, and i am from Ottawa, Canada. I will be starting my camino in SJPDP on the 25th or the 26 of April. I am may see then,
Have a good walk

Hi Rusty,
My name is Lama, and i am from Ottawa, Canada. I will be starting my camino in SJPDP on the 25th or the 26 of April. I am may see then,
Have a good walk
Hi Lama. I Hope to see you along the trail. Buen Camino!

Hi Rusty, and all the others who are starting around Easter
Hopefully I will get to meet you all on the Camino! I'm starting from Roncesvalles on April 28 as I want to spend Easter in Pamplona. I will miss going across the Pyrenees and hope to hear about it from you!

Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Rusty, and all the others who are starting around Easter
Hopefully I will get to meet you all on the Camino! I'm starting from Roncesvalles on April 28 as I want to spend Easter in Pamplona. I will miss going across the Pyrenees and hope to hear about it from you!

Buen Camino!
Hi Cathryn. I hope to meet you at some point along the way. Wish you a Buen Camino!

Rusty - I can't tell if I ever responded to you in another post. We are from Central Texas (Lockhart) and will start one day earlier from St. Jean. We're slow! So you may pass us by. We'll have Texas patches on our backpacks.

Rusty - I can't tell if I ever responded to you in another post. We are from Central Texas (Lockhart) and will start one day earlier from St. Jean. We're slow! So you may pass us by. We'll have Texas patches on our backpacks.
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to my walk. I hope to see you on the Camino. I will be looking out for other fellow Texans!!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.