• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

April 2023 Camino Frances

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hoping to fly into CDG on the 8th and arrive in SJPP that evening. Rest for Easter Sunday and Monday and start walking on the 11th. Not sure what Easter travel limitations might be. That will add to the adventure, I'm sure. Hoping for good weather, planning for bad.
Good luck, Meg. My wife and I are ministers, and we're flying out of the US on April 11th (right after Easter). Maybe we'll catch you! Buen Camino!

Hoping to fly into CDG on the 8th and arrive in SJPP that evening. Rest for Easter Sunday and Monday and start walking on the 11th. Not sure what Easter travel limitations might be. That will add to the adventure, I'm sure. Hoping for good weather, planning for bad.
The travel limitations are not really limitations except for the weather, especially leaving St. Jean. Check with the pilgrim office the night before and again in the morning. Things can change dramatically. If they advise you it could be dicey or not to go on the Napoleon don't do it. It may actually still be closed. Then you will have to take the Valcarlos route. If there is heavy snow still, stick to the road and don't try to walk on the camino path on Valcarlos.
Semana Santa will mean many more pilgrims than the same week in April that is not Semana Santa. I have never walked during this time of the year so I do not know. But I have read numerous times here it can be really crowded and albergues fill up quickly. If I am wrong I hope someone will correct me who has real world experience walking the CF during Semana Santa.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hoping to fly into CDG on the 8th and arrive in SJPP that evening. Rest for Easter Sunday and Monday and start walking on the 11th.
Welcome to the forum!

The main busy week, Semana Santa, is the week leading up to Easter Sunday. So, I would advise people to book their accommodation in any popular Spanish city, during that week, as soon as possible. I would recommend it for SJPP as well.

The week after Easter (i.e. Easter Monday and after) will be much less problematic.

Hope I get to see you all on my path. Will be getting bear to SJPP in early April and going as soon as the weather clears. Still wondering if I'm crazy!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
My husband and I will be starting April 21 at SJPP. Coming from Ireland, so flying into Biarritz on the 19th and staying just outside SJPP for 2 nights prior to starting. We are excited and full swing into our plans. Getting things booked, etc.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi MegJD, I’m not sure where you start your travels from, but arriving at CDG and getting to SJPP on the same day is exhausting. That’s exactly what I did on my first Camino. The second time around, even with another early morning arrival into Paris, I chose to spend the day there and train down the next day. If for no other reason, Paris is well worth at least a quick visit. More importantly, I did enough recharging there to enjoy more my trip south and upon my arrival into SJPP I was much more refreshed. I also found that my connections to make to there all in one day had to be spot on. It’s certainly possible, but I found spending a night in Paris reduced the stress, let me recharge sooner rather than later, and allowed me to enjoy this part of the journey even more. You’ll find number of threads on this Forum discussing traveling from Paris to SJPP.

As it is Easter weekend, and if you are taking the train, I’d purchase your train ticket well in advance. You should be able to do that on the SNCF website. Flying in a day earlier might allow you too miss a bit of the Easter travel crowd. Buen Camino!

Hello from Canada. Hoping to start CF late April. Flying into Paris as that is the most direct for me. No firm dates yet.
Now booked to arrive Paris early on the 12th. Plan to start walking on the 14th. If I can find a place to stay that night! Maybe it is safest to book Valcarlos?!

Now booked to arrive Paris early on the 12th. Plan to start walking on the 14th. If I can find a place to stay that night! Maybe it is safest to book Valcarlos?!
We arrive Paris on the 9th, plan to take the train to St Jean on the 11th and start walking the 13th. We have booked Orisson (non refundable) and hope that the weather will allow us to get there.

We wanted plenty of time to get over the jet lag and catch the early train to St Jean so we found a cheap-ish hotel near Gare Montparnasse. We will check out the Tour St Jacques in Paris, maybe get our credenciels stamped there?

Buen Camino!

€83,-
We arrive Paris on the 9th, plan to take the train to St Jean on the 11th and start walking the 13th. We have booked Orisson (non refundable) and hope that the weather will allow us to get there.

We wanted plenty of time to get over the jet lag and catch the early train to St Jean so we found a cheap-ish hotel near Gare Montparnasse. We will check out the Tour St Jacques in Paris, maybe get our credenciels stamped there?

Buen Camino!
Probably see you en route. Buen Camino MegJD.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.