• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances in September !

demcrookedvultures

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte Aug 2011
Camino Frances Aug 2012
Hola peregrinos !
After the most difficult year of my life physically and mentally due to illness, I've come out the other side of it and I'm going to offer up my Camino as thanks to whoever was watching over me.
This will be my 3rd Camino and I can't wait to get going.
I fly from Dublin to Madrid on the 4th of September and from there by bus via Pamplona to SJPP on the 7th. So all things being equal I should be skipping ( Hehe ! ) over the Pyrenees the morning of the 8th.
Looking forward to meeting all you lovely interesting people on the way ;)
Buen camino,
Johnny.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola peregrinos !
After the most difficult year of my life physically and mentally due to illness, I've come out the other side of it and I'm going to offer up my Camino as thanks to whoever was watching over me.
I fly from Dublin to Madrid on the 4th of September and from there by bus via Pamplona to SJPP on the 7th. So all things being equal I should be skipping ( Hehe ! ) over the Pyrenees the morning of the 8th.
Buen camino,
Johnny.
Hy Johnny, hope you find the one who was watching over you.
I wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hola peregrinos !
Buen camino,
Johnny.

It is quite a lot to say that you have had the most difficult year of your life, so congratulations on surviving that! Honestly, I would be hard pressed to say "which" year was the most difficult...

1979 lost my brother (emotionally did not know how to cope, and the folks went awol mentally)

1997 lost a baby, went through a war, three surgeries over first issue (or lack of)--38 years old and time was up for me

2001 lost baby #2, then realized my marriage had gone done the tubes...40, and had to leave marriage and sunny Cambodia (not all bad)

2012 took care of both parents, who then died (yikes--but it was not my fault! natural causes, just their normal time was up)--but trashed physically.

In looking back at these years, I am more than glad to have emerged stronger. I'm glad I made it through, and glad YOU made it through!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hola peregrinos !
Buen camino,
Johnny.

Welcome Johnny and Buen Camino! I will be one day ahead of you as I leave SJPdP on September 7th.

@CaminoDebrita that's a like/unlike from me - tough stuff. Good on you for being a stayer and a survivor. Hope life is a little easier from now on.

@demcrookedvultures enjoy your Camino - so good you are back on track. (Pun intended!)

@Kanga , I am very used to the ebbs and flows of "life happening"--it makes me grateful for every happy day, or rather, I should say that I am "happy" when nothing bad is happening, which makes me quite grateful a majority of the time. There is an upside to the difficulties! Really!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola peregrinos !
Buen camino,
Johnny.
Well done Johnny - I admire your spirit! Buen Camino

Hola peregrinos !
Buen camino,
Johnny.

September is such a beautiful time on the Camino Frances! I got back from my first Camino last year September and absolutely loved it! There was plenty of sunshine, wind, and rain! I am planning a second Camino now. Any recommendations on different routes?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@Jiffie we arrive in SJPP on the 9th, if you will be there too maybe we should get together for a chat and a drink on the 9th :) My friends and I will walk to Valcarlos on the 10th as Orisson on the Route de Napoleon is fully booked and my friends want to start off very gently for the first week of walking.

Hola peregrinos !
Buen camino,
Johnny.
I am walking my first camino September 2 and too am flying in to Madrid. How are you getting to SJPP? Is there a bus to Pamplona and also to SJPP?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome Kim and Buen Camino!

I will be a few days behind you. I am flying into Madrid then fly to Pamplona, you could take the bus or train. In Pamplona you can get a bus to SJPdP. I am staying with Pensión Corazón Puro who will pick me up at the Pamplona bus station then the next morning will transport me to SJPdP. http://www.corazonpuro.es/Enghome.html

I am walking my first camino September 2 and too am flying in to Madrid. How are you getting to SJPP? Is there a bus to Pamplona and also to SJPP?
i'm flying into madrid on august 31st..then a train to pamplona...then a bus to sjpp...to start my camino on the first...luckily booked a bed at orisson...then over the mountain i go

Welcome Kim and Buen Camino!

I will be a few days behind you. I am flying into Madrid then fly to Pamplona, you could take the bus or train. In Pamplona you can get a bus to SJPdP. I am staying with Pensión Corazón Puro who will pick me up at the Pamplona bus station then the next morning will transport me to SJPdP. http://www.corazonpuro.es/Enghome.html
@Jiffie we arrive in SJPP on the 9th, if you will be there too maybe we should get together for a chat and a drink on the 9th :) My friends and I will walk to Valcarlos on the 10th as Orisson on the Route de Napoleon is fully booked and my friends want to start off very gently for the first week of walking.
Sorry for the delay. I'm not to good on figuring out the blog thing. . I'd live to meet up but don't arrive until about 9:30 to SJPP. I'm starting slow also with a stay in Orisson. We will arrive in Roncevillas. With a name like Wild Place I bet I can find you. Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
i'm flying into madrid on august 31st..then a train to pamplona...then a bus to sjpp...to start my camino on the first...luckily booked a bed at orisson...then over the mountain i go
I'm also taking the train for a great rate of 17 euros. Sadly the later bus to SJPP stops in September so I'm taking a taxi to SJPP. I've signed up to ride share on the Pamplona Taxi website--nice feature they offer. As yet I have noone to share with but didn't want to stay in Pamplona so it's all good.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi James, according to my wife it's a beautiful time of the year to walk the Camino . And you will love your stay at the albergue Orisson, eating together and introduce yourself to your fellow pilgrims that was my favorite part of my stay at the albergue Orisson.
I wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

I leave a bit later than most of you - start to walk on September 17th from SJPP. I'm a transplanted Canadian, living in the US. Counting the days.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back