• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Francés June 2014

Alyssa

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés (2014)
Norte, Finisterre, Salvador, Primitivo (2015)
Hi,

I began reading threads in this forum on January 25 of this year, directly after viewing the documentary, Walking the Camino: 6 Ways to Santiago, and purchased a roundtrip ticket to Madrid about one week later.

I've been traveling overseas since I was twelve and on a spiritual path since I turned 28 (I am now 46). I have been walking, hiking, and backpacking my entire life. However, if you had told me in December that I would one day walk the Camino de Santiago, I would probably have laughed and replied, "That's my mom's dream. It's her thing." I won't bore you here with the details of how it came to pass that I am the one embarking on this particular journey first.

Reading the posts in this forum has been inspiring and informative, and the sense of community is lovely. Thank you all for sharing your experiences. My physical Camino begins this June in SJPP. I look forward to seeing many of you in person this summer and look forward also to continuing this online journey with all of you. Gratitude to Ivar for starting and maintaining this forum.

Buen camino,
Alyssa

P.S. As it turns out, Mom is going to "Caminar" before I do after all. During her 6-week stay in Italy starting April 1st, she will walk for a week on the Camino Francigena. : )

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Your blog is laugh out loud funny. My love for travel also started out as a 4-H/LABO exchange student to Japan. I know you will have a great time on the Camino. Please post as many pictures as you can. Buen Camino.

Last edited:
Your blog is laugh out loud funny. My love for travel also started out as a 4-H/LABO exchange student to Japan. I know you will have a great time on the Camino. Please post pictures as many pictures as you can. Buen Camino.
What?!? I've never met anyone else who did the 4-H/LABO exchange. What year did you do it? My intention is to blog along the way. (I'm glad you have enjoyed reading it.) Thanks for the warm welcome.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
What?!? I've never met anyone else who did the 4-H/LABO exchange. What year did you do it?.

Nagoya, 1977. Ignited my desire to see the world. Thought I was doing a great job (England, France 9x, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Netherlands 3x, Switzerland, Italy 3x, Austria, Slovenia, China) seeing and doing what was important. Then I walked the Camino and realized that I had been missing out on the best part of Europe.

I wish you the best!
I began my first camino June 19, 2012. It was a good day to begin a life-changing experience.
This year my wife and I will walk from Lugo to SdC July 9-15, or so. The Camino Primitivo connects to the Camino Frances in Melide. Unless you are a really fast walker, I think we'll be a week or so ahead of you. Look for small pebbles stacked on top of others. One of them will be from me!
Buen Camino

Thank you, RobS!
How cool, two years to the day that you started yours. It has already been a life-changing experience for me.
I will definitely keep a look out for the small pebble stacks!
Gracias. Y a ustedes tambien un buen camino.

P.S. My mom lives in Portland too.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I will be starting my journey on June 13. Hope we cross paths. I have taken 5 weeks to walk from SJPP to Santiago. So excited!

I will be starting my journey on June 13. Hope we cross paths. I have taken 5 weeks to walk from SJPP to Santiago. So excited!
Me too!

Hi Alyssa
Depending on if you take the first stretch in one day or two, we will most likely meet up. My tickets put me in the EU on the 15th of June, so I so have some wiggle room on my start date. Thank you for starting a June thread, I am sure your thread will continue and grow as time creeps nearer. Buen Camino Patrick

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Good to read your post, Alyssa. I am sure you are fully excited for your upcoming journey.

It is really nice how you mentioned reading posts for a bit, watched the documentary, then started really planning your Camino. Just as you have seen here, there is no doubt you will find the kindness, patience, and laughs when you start to walk. One would have to be hard pressed to not develop a Camino family to share the tears, joy, pain, bandages, conversation, insights, reflections, food, wine, chocolate.

It seems you have been preparing for the Way for some time now whether you knew or not. I like that.

Trust in the arrows,
Simeon

I'll be starting mine just three days after you. I'm breathless with anticipation and thrilled beyond words. Getting my passport and plane ticket today, as a matter of fact.

I'll be starting a few weeks before you, but as I will be going at a nice stroll pace, we could meet up. I am planning on going all the way to Finisterre, so Santiago is just going to be a stop along the way for a day or two.

Making my reservation at the Esprit de CHERMIN was what solidified the trip for me. It is a great way to start from St. Jean Pied de Port.

Kris

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'll be starting mine just three days after you. I'm breathless with anticipation and thrilled beyond words. Getting my passport and plane ticket today, as a matter of fact.
My sentiments exactly, Matt. I'll look forward to seeing you along The Way.

Last edited:
I'll be starting a few weeks before you, but as I will be going at a nice stroll pace, we could meet up. I am planning on going all the way to Finisterre, so Santiago is just going to be a stop along the way for a day or two.

Making my reservation at the Esprit de CHERMIN was what solidified the trip for me. It is a great way to start from St. Jean Pied de Port.

Kris
Sounds like you have some great plans. I haven't decided whether or not I will overnight in SJ prior to departing. There is an interesting option of overnighting near Pamplona, then getting a ride from the Albergue hosts to SJ the next morning. I hope to meet up.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Will waive to ya'll from the Camino Norte. :)

Sounds like you have some great plans. I haven't decided whether or not I will overnight in SJ prior to departing. There is an interesting option of overnighting near Pamplona, then getting a ride from the Albergue hosts to SJ the next morning. I hope to meet up.
Are you talking about the Corazon Puro? I am going route myself. I am doing the Esprit for a couple of reasons...need to get a couple of items (Altrus rain poncho and walking stick), and also because they have a family style dinner with other pilgrims just starting. Hopefully I can find someone there who is also going as far as Orrisson the first day, and have someone share that first day out of St. Jean...

Kris

That's great information, Kris. I was thinking about Corazon Puro but the family-style dinner sounds great. I, too, plan only to go as far as Orisson the first day as I want to enjoy the Pyrenees, not to mention the walk. Hmm, food for thought.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am beginning to feel intermittent feelings of anxiety as my start date approaches. There are so many things to get done (decide on a pack, decide on evening shoes, get a couple of "no foreign transaction fee" atm cards to name a few)!

I have a place reserved on 6.6 at Orrison, plan to go to Fisterra again this year at a leisurely 45 days pace. Perhaps we will all meet along the Camino.

That's great information, Kris. I was thinking about Corazon Puro but the family-style dinner sounds great. I, too, plan only to go as far as Orisson the first day as I want to enjoy the Pyrenees, not to mention the walk. Hmm, food for thought.
Alyssa, have you booked a place in Orisson or planning on just winging it? I am in no hurry and would like to enjoy the beauty of the Pyrenees as well.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have a place reserved on 6.6 at Orrison, plan to go to Fisterra again this year at a leisurely 45 days pace. Perhaps we will all meet along the Camino.

As you have done the camino before, is 45 days a leisurely pace? I would also like to make it to finisterre and have allowed 36 days. Think it is possible? I do not want to be in any kind of rush. Do you know anything about a bus or other mode of transportation from santiago to finisterre?

Hi,

I've been shy about starting a thread (afraid no one would respond, kind of like that fear that no one will show up to your party : ), but this morning, inspired by DeadFred, William Marques, and so many others, I decided to go for it. I began reading threads in this forum on January 25 of this year, directly after viewing the documentary, Walking the Camino: 6 Ways to Santiago, and purchased a roundtrip ticket to Madrid about one week later.

I've been traveling overseas since I was twelve and on a spiritual path since I turned 28 (I am now 46). I have been walking, hiking, and backpacking my entire life. However, if you had told me in December that I would one day walk the Camino de Santiago, I would probably have laughed and replied, "That's my mom's dream. It's her thing." I won't bore you here with the details of how it came to pass that I am the one embarking on this particular journey first.

Reading the posts in this forum has been inspiring and informative, and the sense of community is lovely. Thank you all for sharing your experiences. My physical Camino begins this June in SJPP. I look forward to seeing many of you in person this summer and look forward also to continuing this online journey with all of you. Gratitude to Ivar for starting and maintaining this forum.

Buen camino,
Alyssa

P.S. As it turns out, Mom is going to "Caminar" before I do after all. During her 6-week stay in Italy starting April 1st, she will walk for a week on the Camino Francigena. : )

Alyssa, where can I find your blog? Thanks, Erin

Hey Don, I plan to stay at Orisson the first night out of SJPdP also; I don't want to overdo it the first day. I, too, have around 40 days. When are you leaving?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
As you have done the camino before, is 45 days a leisurely pace? I would also like to make it to finisterre and have allowed 36 days. Think it is possible? I do not want to be in any kind of rush. Do you know anything about a bus or other mode of transportation from santiago to finisterre?
You will read a broad range of opinions about planning your walk. I rarely walk more than 25km in a day. I plan a rest day of 10 to 15km every 5 to 7 days to take some time off to do laundry, sightsee or cook/dine out for a special meal. After I reach Sarria I shorten my days to 15km to avoid hassles with the increased numbers on the Camino.
Buses to/from Fisterra run on a regular schedule from the bus station in Santiago.

Erin and Alyssa,
My first night will at Refuge Orisson on 6 June. Please be aware as it is often quoted "there is no there, there at Orisson" it is just one building and reservations are highly recommended.

You will read a broad range of opinions about planning your walk. I rarely walk more than 25km in a day. I plan a rest day of 10 to 15km every 5 to 7 days to take some time off to do laundry, sightsee or cook/dine out for a special meal. After I reach Sarria I shorten my days to 15km to avoid hassles with the increased numbers on the Camino.
Buses to/from Fisterra run on a regular schedule from the bus station in Santiago.
I can't imagine walking more than 25km a day either, although I am flexible. I think I might spend a couple of nights in Pamplona at a hotel or pension (especially if I can find another pilgrim who wants to share a room to bring the price down) so that I can spend some time sightseeing. Interesting to hear about the buses too and from Fisterra. Thank you. Oh, and for reminding me I need to book my bed at Orisson soon!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Alyssa, have you booked a place in Orisson or planning on just winging it? I am in no hurry and would like to enjoy the beauty of the Pyrenees as well.
I just sent an email to Orisson! I can hardly believe this is happening.

Last edited:
I've contacted Corazon, (they emailed back but didn't send a Pay Pal link), Orisson (they emailed back and sent a PayPal link, via which I payed for my "demi-pension"reservation), and just sent an email to Albergue de Peregrinos in Roncesvalles requesting a reservation for my third night in Spain. (Someone mentioned that one must telephone them to make a reservation but I thought I'd try email first).
Why do you book the albergue? When you arrive just get in and take your place... it's the camino of Santiago for pilgrims... take it easy!

Allyssa (et. al)-- I start on 29 June from Sahagun. If in the neighborhood, let's have a glass of vino! I'll check this forum while on the road! Buen Camino!! Many Blessings!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We start from Biarritz June 22, we are nervous and excited all at once, we've decided to book our 1st nite in Orisson and wing the rest. We are keen to take a light weight tent as well not so much if no beds are available but just to experience the outdoors on occasion and to walk a pace with no worry or stress . May be we will see you on the trail. Buen camino

Allyssa (et. al)-- I start on 29 June from Sahagun. If in the neighborhood, let's have a glass of vino! I'll check this forum while on the road! Buen Camino!! Many Blessings!
Would love to have a drink! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. (Look for my purple Osprey!)

Alyssa, Orrison is the only place I know where one must book a night.
Olivares, I hope I see you around 28.6, I am planning on spending the night at Reb Scott's place around then.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Alyssa, Orrison is the only place I know where one must book a night.
Olivares, I hope I see you around 28.6, I am planning on spending the night at Reb Scott's place around then.
Alyssa, Biarritz-- definitely looking forward to meeting you on the Camino and exchange stories from the road :). In Sahagun, I plan to train in from Madrid and looking into staying at Hostal Alfonso VI that first night in. I'll post closer to the date. Moratinos is not far, let me see if I can work something out.

Kris
I am starting from Roncesvalles on the 29th May and taking it slowly the first few days, have 38 days to get to Santiago so hopefully will meet you on the way.

I am starting from Roncesvalles on the 29th May and taking it slowly the first few days, have 38 days to get to Santiago so hopefully will meet you on the way.

Hopefully leaving St Jean on the 29th May. I may very well meet you.

David

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Are you talking about the Corazon Puro? I am going route myself. I am doing the Esprit for a couple of reasons...need to get a couple of items (Altrus rain poncho and walking stick), and also because they have a family style dinner with other pilgrims just starting. Hopefully I can find someone there who is also going as far as Orrisson the first day, and have someone share that first day out of St. Jean...

Kris
What date are you leaving Kris. I will be leaving from Roncesvalles and hoping to find someone to walk with from time to time

Hopefully leaving St Jean on the 29th May. I may very well meet you.

David
I am spending 2nights in Espinal so may very we'll meet you David. After 8 months of planning it is hard to believe that 3 weeks from tonight I will have started my Camino experience.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Issy, actually I will be spending the night of the 28th in Roncesvalle, and leaving there on the 29th.
I will be there on the 28th too as long as I get there from Pamploma. Hoping to be on the 6pm bus unless I can find someone to share a taxi. I am setting out on the 29th but only walking about 6km to Espinal and I am having 2 nights there to recover from my flights and the busyness of work. Just need a day to unwind I think. Looking forward to meeting you Kris.

I will be there on the 28th too as long as I get there from Pamploma. Hoping to be on the 6pm bus unless I can find someone to share a taxi. I am setting out on the 29th but only walking about 6km to Espinal and I am having 2 nights there to recover from my flights and the busyness of work. Just need a day to unwind I think. Looking forward to meeting you Kris.
I think on that day I am only planning on about 10 km. I am actually considering staying at Corazon Puro again. When I get to Madrid, I am taking train to Pamplona and will be staying there Sunday night and they will get me to St. Jean the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum

I have had a look at Corozon Puro. I had not seen this one in the guide book I have. If I can book in I might even stay there for 2 nights. I think I can manage that far on the first day. It sounds like a lovely place and a good price including meals. How long do you have Kris to walk the Camino? I need to be in Santiago by the 4th July at the latest, so have about 5weeks.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello all :)
I think I chatted with Alyssa and Erin a bit in another post. (Maybe started by Erin??)
my Mom, daughter and I are starting from SJPP on June 12th. We are staying in Orisson that night.
We fly out from Vancouver in exactly 4 weeks from today! Crazy how fast it's come!! So looking forward to this!

Hi Shannon,
That is such exciting news! I will be about 10 days behind you so you will be paving my way.
:)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I think I chatted with Alyssa and Erin a bit in another post. (Maybe started by Erin??)
my Mom, daughter and I are starting from SJPP on June 12th. We are staying in Orisson that night.
We fly out from Vancouver in exactly 4 weeks from today! Crazy how fast it's come!! So looking forward to this!
I fly out 2 weeks today so will be a little in front of you. Hope you have a wonderful Camino Shannon

Kris David and issy we are two days behind you so hopefully we will see you on the way getting excited
Hi Palady. I am sure you will catch up with me as I am taking the first few days easy. I am getting quite excited and nervous all at the same time.

Erin and Alyssa,
My first night will at Refuge Orisson on 6 June. Please be aware as it is often quoted "there is no there, there at Orisson" it is just one building and reservations are highly recommended.
I have to correct you on that one because there are also:
http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-ferme-ithurburia (same: http://www.gronze.com/guia-del-camino-frances/albergues/albergue-ferme-ithurburia)
and
http://www.gronze.com/guia-del-camino-frances/albergues/albergue-kayola (which is actually part of Auberge Orisson but much more spanish albergue like).
:)

Ultreia!

Look forward to meeting you Issy T. I am feeling the same way. I am taking my 90 year old father fishing this weekend which is my Zen. My picture is of where we go fishing.

My son and I arrive in STJPP May 31st and will start walking on June 2nd. Looking forward to meeting all the peregrinos starting at that same time.

Rambler

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I can hardly believe that my journey on the Camino will begin in just 22 days.

I've been putting the last minute touches on my gear: Trading wool socks (that give me blisters) for Coolmax socks (that don't); putting the finishing touches on a customized, handmade sleep system (old cotton curtains + extremely lightweight fleece); awaiting the arrival of a Marmot 55+ sleeping bag to try (just in case it's better than my homemade system); trying out the camera point-and-shoot camera that arrived this afternoon; hoping that the friend who said he would give me Tyvek actually gets around to doing it; etc.

Dad's got me a little worried about the "training" I've done; he wrote, after reading my blog, "I wonder if your hiking is adequate for consecutive 15 mile days." I've been doing a 10km Saturday and 18km Sunday with a lot of elevation gain and loss for a couple of months but it's true, I haven't yet done even one 15-miler much less two in a row. Happily, the 18km doesn't tire me out in the least; feel like I could easily walk another 6 to 7.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Today I completed the longest hike I've ever done, 16.83 miles (27.085km) with a total ascent of 1075 meters (in eight hours). I'm proud of myself. Four months ago, I couldn't have done this. I feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment.

Many thanks to all my hiking buddies who have made this happen. In particular, Lisa, Peter, and Matt, who've accompanied me on multiple long-ass, major-elevation-gain hikes since January 25, Marian for getting me up the Sun Valley hill once or twice a week most weeks for the past few months, and Steph, with whom I've probably hiked more cumulative miles than anyone else. There have been many others who've walked the trails of Marin with me and I appreciate you all.

Thanks as well to everyone in this forum who, whether or not they realized it, have inspired me greatly.

And gratitude to The Divine, Universal Spirt, HP, whatever the heck it was that sent me to watch "Walking the Camino: 6 Ways to Santiago" at the last minute just over 4 months ago. It has already been a transformative experience and I have yet to set foot on the Camino.

(New avatar is from yesterday's hike).

Last edited:
Today I completed the longest hike I've ever done, 16.83 miles (27.085km) with a total ascent of 1075 meters (in eight hours). I'm proud of myself. Four months ago, I couldn't have done this. I feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment.

Many thanks to all my hiking buddies who have made this happen. In particular, Lisa, Peter, and Matt, who've accompanied me on multiple long-ass, major-elevation-gain hikes since January 25, Marian for getting me up the Sun Valley hill once or twice a week most weeks for the past few months, and Steph, with whom I've probably hiked more cumulative miles than anyone else. There have been many others who've walked the trails of Marin with me and I appreciate you all.

Thanks as well to everyone in this forum who, whether or not they realized it, have inspired me greatly.

And gratitude to The Divine, Universal Spirt, HP, whatever the heck it was that sent me to watch "Walking the Camino: 6 Ways to Santiago" at the last minute just over 4 months ago. It has already been a transformative experience and I have yet to set foot on the Camino.

By the sounds of it, you are kicking butt! And I may not get the chance to catch up to you....traveling 2 days behind :(

I thought you were leaving SJ on 6/20 also, Neusa.

€149,-
Alyssa, from the training you are doing the Camino should be a walk in the park for you, just be carefull you don't have any injuries before you go, six to eight km walks should keep you fit for the last week or two, you know what you are capable of doing at this stage. No point in walking the Camino before you walk the Camino. Have a safe and wonderfull Camino.
Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Man! You guys are not helping to quell my excitement.

My plane leaves in 15 days and my camino begins in 17. Hope I get to meet some of you along the way.

John

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We start from Biarritz June 22, we are nervous and excited all at once, we've decided to book our 1st nite in Orisson and wing the rest. We are keen to take a light weight tent as well not so much if no beds are available but just to experience the outdoors on occasion and to walk a pace with no worry or stress . May be we will see you on the trail. Buen camino
Hi Merianne,
Our journey is just around the corner! I will hope to see you on the path. Buen Camino.

Man! You guys are not helping to quell my excitement.

My plane leaves in 15 days and my camino begins in 17. Hope I get to meet some of you along the way.

John
Why quell? ; ) (Where are you flying from? Are you flying into Madrid?)

Hi,

I began reading threads in this forum on January 25 of this year, directly after viewing the documentary, Walking the Camino: 6 Ways to Santiago, and purchased a roundtrip ticket to Madrid about one week later.

Buen camino,
Alyssa

Alyssa,
I am on the Camino Frances now. I wish you even the tiniest piece of joyI am experiencing right now.
Buen Camino my friend, Buen Camino.

Alyssa,
I am on the Camino Frances now. I wish you even the tiniest piece of joyI am experiencing right now.
Buen Camino my friend, Buen Camino.
John, I've been reading your blog from the Frances almost daily. You have a wonderful way with words. I am so happy to hear you experiencing so much joy. Ultreya!

Wow, your Camino begins tomorrow! Have a great time!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Alyssa, from the training you are doing the Camino should be a walk in the park for you, just be carefull you don't have any injuries before you go, six to eight km walks should keep you fit for the last week or two, you know what you are capable of doing at this stage. No point in walking the Camino before you walk the Camino. Have a safe and wonderfull Camino.
Buen Camino.
Hey Wayfarer, just saw this. I'm very glad to hear that you think my training's been adequate! (My dad's been giving me a hard time about it not being enough.) Thank you!

€149,-
Woo hoo! Safe travels. I start walking today so given ur amazing training am sure you will catch up to me :)
That is so exciting! Are you staying at Orisson tonight? Did you meet up with Santos2?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
About to leave Leon after a rest day. Been good to catch up with some people from the forum. After walking non stop for 16 days I have learnt that it is necessary to factor in rest days. I we so glad for the rest and refreshed and ready to go again towards Santiago.

Oh wow, it's now only 3 Sleeps! I feel like a race horse at the starting block - though I won't be in any hurry at all once my feet get moving. I'll be heading out from the states on the 20th and starting out from SJPdP on the 22nd. I look forward to meeting some of you on the way. If you see orange hiking shoes, say Hi!

About to leave Leon after a rest day. Been good to catch up with some people from the forum. After walking non stop for 16 days I have learnt that it is necessary to factor in rest days. I we so glad for the rest and refreshed and ready to go again towards Santiago.
Ultreya Issy!

Hey! I'm leaving the US tomorrow and will be arriving in Biarritz on the 19th!
I'm departing the U.S. tomorrow as well! Are you leaving from St. Jean on Friday?

What a journey I've had already since starting this thread in March. I'm excited and nervous (afraid I will forget to do something important before I leave; I already lost my sock liners.)

Can't wait to see many of you on the road!

What a journey I've had already since starting this thread in March. I'm excited and nervous (afraid I will forget to do something important before I leave; I already lost my sock liners.)

Can't wait to see many of you on the road!
Here we go! 1 week only!;-)

Kat, I am in Estrella today (6/19). Where are you? We started very close to the same time. Buen camino!

After one long year preparation the time has come. The day aftrr tomorrow i'll be in Burgos 1st etapa of my Camino. See u all there!!!! ;-)♥

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Well I sprained my ankle so have had a rest day and some short days. I got picked up by a doco crew who have been filming me and am in Los Arcos and it's very wet :)

I can't believe how ill prepared I was for this. It has been exciting, maddening, hilarious, frustrating, physically exhausting, confusing and every other emotion you want to throw at it

But I wouldn't want to be anywhere else and that is saying a lot :D

Kat, I am in Estrella today (6/19). Where are you? We started very close to the same time. Buen camino!
You are ahead of me Erin. Trying to keep up with an uber fit young woman got me into this mess. I fell on rocks and injured my ankle big time. Note to self, next time I will choose to keep up with a hot man instead ;)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It seems impossible but tomorrow is the day! 9,10 am the flight. Tnx to all of you for support!

Burgos te quiero! Just arrived and got my first Sello!

Attachments

• 1403795265101.jpg
    1403795265101.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 9
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You are ahead of me Erin. Trying to keep up with an uber fit young woman got me into this mess. I fell on rocks and injured my ankle big time. Note to self, next time I will choose to keep up with a hot man instead ;)
How is it going?

I passed it last week it'hard and amazing! Blistered feet as well but happy tomorrow the last climbing "O Cebreiro"... anibody here around?

I passed it last week it'hard and amazing! Blistered feet as well but happy tomorrow the last climbing "O Cebreiro"... anibody here around?
youtube_IHowkS2F3ZE_thumb.jpg

Kat--- got picked up by a doco crew who have been filming me???? You in a movie?

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back