• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances May 15 - Jun 14, 2015

Athiemack

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2015)
Hi - hubby and I are walking the Camino Frances May 2015 - planning on 28 - 30 days of walking. Anyone know of best travel plans from Vancouver BC? Thought we'd go from YVR - London - Paris and then train to SJPP and begin there and then fly Santiago back to London - YVR?? Anyone else going that time and are there any support groups in the Vancouver area that we could hook into?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have gone through London from Vancouver, to Gatwick and then British airways to Bordeux from Gatwick. Then a train to Bayonne, train from Biaritz to St. Jean. It sounds complicated, but is really just a lot of waiting. I believe the least expensive route is Vancouver, Gatwick, bus to Stansted, flight to Biaritz, stay a night in Bayonne, then train to St. Jean and climb to Orisson in the morning.
This year, we started from Pamplona and it is really easy to fly Vancouver to Frankfurt, frankfurt to Bilboa, bus the next day to Pamplona. This year we flew with Air Canada. Both times, we have taken the train from Santiago to Madrid and a flight home. We fly home Wednesday, volcanos in Iceland cooperating, from Madrid.

There is a Pilgrim Association in Vancouver that meets yearly to give information. If you apply for a Canadian Pilgrim passport, your email address will be given to the association and you will be given meeting times. This is how it worked for me.

Buen Camino!

Hi - hubby and I are walking the Camino Frances May 2015 - planning on 28 - 30 days of walking. Anyone know of best travel plans from Vancouver BC? Thought we'd go from YVR - London - Paris and then train to SJPP and begin there and then fly Santiago back to London - YVR?? Anyone else going that time and are there any support groups in the Vancouver area that we could hook into?
hi there , I am going around the same time , and am looking to start mid may 2015 from SPJJ with someone for the first few days . I heard the first part is brutal . Im flying into Madrid and busing to Pamalona then taxi to SJPP , its way cheaper and easier then the Paris route

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
hi there , I am going around the same time , and am looking to start mid may 2015 from SPJJ with someone for the first few days . I heard the first part is brutal . Im flying into Madrid and busing to Pamalona then taxi to SJPP , its way cheaper and easier then the Paris route
Thanks, angie T. Yes we heard the same thing about the first part. Where are you from? We haven't booked flights yet but plan to leave Vancouver BC, Canada on May 8th, 2015 and be back home for work on June 15th - so giving ourselves 5 weeks for flights and walking. Am reading everything I can and watching all the youtube videos. I have been "training" for about 4 months now, lost 12 lbs. with another 6 to go and have been working on strengthening my weak upper body and core so that I can actually carry a pack! Hubby is an avid hiker, skier, bicycler, kayaker and snowshoer, while I am more of a walker so a bit worried about holding him up. Hope to see you on the Camino!

Thanks, angie T. Yes we heard the same thing about the first part. Where are you from? We haven't booked flights yet but plan to leave Vancouver BC, Canada on May 8th, 2015 and be back home for work on June 15th - so giving ourselves 5 weeks for flights and walking. Am reading everything I can and watching all the youtube videos. I have been "training" for about 4 months now, lost 12 lbs. with another 6 to go and have been working on strengthening my weak upper body and core so that I can actually carry a pack! Hubby is an avid hiker, skier, bicycler, kayaker and snowshoer, while I am more of a walker so a bit worried about holding him up. Hope to see you on the Camino!
hi , I am from Toronto , my 50th birthday is May 9th have to stay home for my family party and then hope to leave on 10th or 11th , Im nervous about the start but I really want to start in SJPP , would be good if we could meet and start together ,

hi , I am from Toronto , my 50th birthday is May 9th have to stay home for my family party and then hope to leave on 10th or 11th , Im nervous about the start but I really want to start in SJPP , would be good if we could meet and start together ,
I cant book a return tix cause im really not sure how long it will take
hey you could fly to \Toronto , then direct to Paris ! lol

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I cant book a return tix cause im really not sure how long it will take
hey you could fly to \Toronto , then direct to Paris ! lol
angie T it would cost us more to fly to Toronto than to London! Hahaha Was thinking Vancouver to London to Paris, bus to SJPP but may rethink that!

angie T it would cost us more to fly to Toronto than to London! Hahaha Was thinking Vancouver to London to Paris, bus to SJPP but may rethink that!
ya that's right lol
I might do Paris , I just checked , I can fly there direct! would you guys be interested in having me walk behind you for a few days ?

ya that's right lol
I might do Paris , I just checked , I can fly there direct! would you guys be interested in having me walk behind you for a few days ?
angie T - I have no problems with that - although we may be starting earlier than you if we leave Vancouver on the 8th - should be on the Camino on the 10th - but lets keep in touch, ok? you can start a private conversation me. :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi!
I am leaving Vancouver May 11, 2015 to London for a brief stop then to Madrid (bought my ticket last Sunday). From Madrid I will be taking a bus to Pamplona and another from Pamplona to Roncesvalles. Then "EEK!!" starting my camino from there. I have allowed 7 weeks (flight returning to Vancouver June 30). I am taking so long so I can take my time on the walk and afterwards explore other parts of Spain by train, bus or my trusty feet (if they still like me after 750 kms). :)
Hope to meet some of you on 'The Way'.
~Lori

The "first part" is not brutal-in good weather difficult but not brutal, true the Camino goes straight up the side of a mountain then worse down the other side but thousands do it every year you can too- the bit can be broken at Orisson or by taking the alternative Camino through Valcarlos. After Roncesvalles it is easy, one difficult morning after Pamplona up and worse down from Alto del Perdon easy sailing then until O'Cebeiro-much has been written concerning the difficulties here but if you have walked faithfully since SJPP you won't even notice it. After Castrojeriz there is a steep hill to climb, not that difficult if you have been forewarned but it can be quite a surprise for those unready. Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back