• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino from Fatima PT

Mano2024

Time of past OR future Camino
Fatima 2024
Hello everyone, I’m planning to do the Camino from Fatima PT around July 2024 , anyone done this Camino ?
I’ve done Nazaré to Fatima last year.

Many thanks

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Sorry I can't answer your question right now since I'm thinking of starting Nazare this summer to Fatima and then to Porto via Coimbra. I'd appreciate very much if you give me some information about Nazare-Fatima route. Albergues available if I sprit it into 3 days? Do I have to book in advance?
Where can I get a credential (and possibly a concha) in Nazare? Or do I have to get it in Lisbon where I will fly in?
These two are my main concerns now. I would give you as much information as possible once I finish the route.

Sorry I can't answer your question right now since I'm thinking of starting Nazare this summer to Fatima and then to Porto via Coimbra. I'd appreciate very much if you give me some information about Nazare-Fatima route. Albergues available if I sprit it into 3 days? Do I have to book in advance?
Where can I get a credential (and possibly a concha) in Nazare? Or do I have to get it in Lisbon where I will fly in?
These two are my main concerns now. I would give you as much information as possible once I finish the route.
Thanks for asking, Easy way to get to Nazaré is land in Lisbon, if it’s you first time in Portugal make some time to tour Lisbon, lovely city with lots to see , then catch the Expresso bus from Campo Pequeno Lisbon direct to Nazaré.
Once in Nazaré you can go to Santuário de Nossa Senhora and there you will get your credential .
I did Nazaré - Fatima in one day so I’m not sure about booking or staying at albergues but I’m sure you won’t have any problems.
I’m new at being at peregrino hence that’s why I did it in one day , was very tiring but an awesome spiritual experience.
I want to do Nazaré - Santiago de Compostela next year July, so keep me posted how your Caminho goes.
Good luck and be blessed.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you for your useful information. You must be very strong to have done 50some KM between Nazare-Fatima in one day.
I'm an old peregrina so my information might not be so useful but I'll keep you informed about my Fatima-Porto-Santiago via Costa and Variente Espiritual.

Albergues available if I sprit it into 3 days? Do I have to book in advance?
I walked over half of that route last week after joining it from the Caminho do Mar after Aljubarrota. I don’t believe there are any albergues; the town the official site recommends as the overnight stop (for two stages), Pedreiras, doesn’t seem to actually have any accommodation per the signposting on the route.

There are options in Porto de Mós for your second night if splitting into three; we stayed at the Quinta de Rio Alcaide which is a lovely place although about 20 mins walk south of the town centre (but there is a mini-preço supermarket nearby).

An out-of-the-box option for your first night would be to veer south from the Nazaré route to the Caminho do Mar (they are about 2.5km apart at their closest point at Valado dos Feades). This would allow you to stay in Alcobaça that first night and visit the fabulous medieval monastery there, then to continue on the Caminho do Mar to Aljubarrota the next morning before merging with the Nazaré route. We stayed at Hostel Rossio in Alcobaça which was very central and well-priced for the area.

For visualisation, here is a screenshot from Maps.me showing tracks for the Nazaré route (blue) and the Caminho do Mar (red):

IMG_3296.jpeg

Jungleboy
Thank you very much for you detailed information. Relieved to find there's an alternative. I'll try to find the info on the first half of the route.

Other info on Fatima->Coimbra->Porto->Costa->Variente Espitual is highly welcome.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

A local (central Portuguese) news source reported recently on the newly marked routes to Fatima from 1/ Serta 2/Tomar and 3/ Abrantes (east of Vila Nova da Barquinha on the Tejo/Tagus). Here's a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.