• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino from La Coruna over 100 km

Ziberro

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles (march 2018)
Hello,
I have a question. I'm preparing for Camino Ingles in march next year and I'm wondering is it possible to extend route from La Coruna and go:
1) La Coruna - Bruma (34 km);
then take a bus to Betanzos, and
2) Betanzos - Bruma,
3) Bruma - Sigueiro,
4) Sigueiro - Santiago,
which gives 103 km overall.
The thing is, I can stay only for 4 nights and I don't want to risk with the full Camino Ingles (from Ferrol), because I have only one flight per week, and if I'll miss it, I'll be in trouble. Otherway, I really want to earn compostela, so I'm wondeting, is it possible to walk for over 100 km, but to cross Bruma twice.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Welcome to the forum @Ziberro
You could start at Neda (on the Ferrol route) and so cut that side down to the required 100kms but saves the extra distance from Ferrol itself. That gives you 4 days to walk 100kms. This is OK so long as you get a sello in Naron/Neda as you start.
There is also the option of walking the missing 25 kms (with sellos to prove it) before you leave home. There is a thread about this option.

Thank's for answer. The problem with Neda is that I'm arriving La Coruna at 20:45, so there's no chance to get any bus to Neda. Do you think, that my previous idea won't guarantee a compostela ?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The requirement is not just walking 100km, unfortunately. I would bet against qualifying for a compostela, but it may be up to the mood in the Office that day.

They are required to have travelled at least the last 100 kilometres on foot or horseback or the last 200 by bicycle, which is demonstrated by the “Credencial del Peregrino” duly stamped along the route travelled. Therefore other forms of travel to access the Compostela are excluded, except in the case of the disabled.

To get the “Compostela” you must:
  • Make the pilgrimage for religious or spiritual reasons, or at least an attitude of search.
  • Do the last 100 km on foot or horseback, or the last 200 km by bicycle. It is understood that the pilgrimage starts at one point and from there you come to visit the Tomb of St. James.
  • You must collect the stamps on the “Credencial del Peregrino” from the places you pass through to certify that you have been there. Stamps from churches, hostels, monasteries, cathedrals and all places related to the Way are preferred, but if not they can also be stamped in other institutions: town halls, cafĂ©s, etc. You have to stamp the Credencial twice a day at least on the last 100 km (for pilgrims on foot or on horseback) or on the last 200 km (for cyclists pilgrims).
You can do the Way in stages, provided they are in chronological and geographical order. However, if you only do the minimum required distance (last 100 or 200 km), you must always get your Credencial stamped at the start and end of each stage, including the corresponding date, to show that the pilgrim has resumed the Way in the same place where they last stopped (i.e. you should always get the stamp at the starting point even though you have already stamped the card in the same place at the end of the previous stage).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
WOW! That is a complex way of getting the Compostela. How about just taking a day or two off of work and extending your vacation/(Holiday)?

WOW! That is a complex way of getting the Compostela. How about just taking a day or two off of work and extending your vacation/(Holiday)?

Because of History Bob.

For many years, medieval Irish pilgrims sailed to A Coruna and walked to Santiago. That was their only Camino.
I feel privileged to follow their footsteps.

Afterwards I will walk part of the Coastal Portuguese route however :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back