• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Ingles - distances

rolf

These are the distances of the Camino Ingles sections (measured on Google Earth):

Ferrol (old port) - Neda (Albergue) 13 km
Neda - Pontedeume 15 km
Pontedeume - Mino (Albergue) 10 km
Mino - Betanzos 11 km
Betanzos - Hospital de Bruma (Albergue) 26 km
Hospital de Bruma - Sigueiro 27 km
Sigueiro - Santiago 17 km

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you for that; it would be useful if you could produce a Google Earth file (kml) from it. Here's the distances for the Corunna branch, as measured on IGN maps:
Corunna - O Burgo (church of Santiago) 8km (a largely urban section along roads)
O Burgo - Bruma 23km
(from the airport is about the same as from O Burgo depending on whether you go north or south of the airfield itself to get from the terminal building to the route)
So, adding to your numbers, Corunna-Santiago 75km or ca 67km from the airport.

Peter - I've pm'd you on this very subject - sorry I've only just noticed this post. As I explained there seems to be a serious discrepancy between the estimated distance between Betanzos and Hospital de Bruma and the reality of walking it!

It would be good to resolve this as I suspect the view of some that this stage is over 32 k might put people off!

John

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I found my map book i used produced by concello de neda and has the following distances

Ferrol - Neda 12km
Neda = Pontedueme 13km
Pontdueme - Mino 10km
Mino- Betanzos 8Km
Betanzos - Leiro 14km
Leiro - Bruma 14km
Bruma - Ordes 14km
Ordes - Sigueiro 16Km
Sigueiro - Santiago 18Km

Andrew

Most read last week in this forum