• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Advice on Camino Ingles

stephenhacking

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles
My wife and I are keen to walk a Camino,and maybe
the Camino Ingles is a good point to start and see what
we think about walking a longer distance.
There are so many websites advertising differing types of services
it can get confusing!
What is the best time of year to do the Camino Ingles?
Are there any recommended companies?
I am looking for a company that would organise the travel arrangements
and also provide a 'sherpa style' service, with reasonable accommodation
en route. Thanks for any help.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@stephenhacking , welcome to the forum!
Personally I would consider the best time to walk the camino is between April and the beginning of October. Although I believe it can get a little warm in the middle of summer - June, July and August.
I walked it in April last year, I had Frost a couple of mornings and 24 degrees as a high. Whilst I had beautiful weather, the Inglés is on the coast so it can be extremely changeable. It's a little bit like Ireland, green for a reason!

Sorry, I cannot help you with tour companies, hopefully somebody else will see this post soon and respond.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Read to the end. ;)

My husband and I booked with CaminoWays from Sarria to Santiago in 2021. They arranged lodging and half board ( didn't normally need dinner), luggage transport, and sent me printed walking instructions for how to get to each nights stop. You do pay a premium for their reservations and the emergency phone line, and I do recommend WhatsApp. I did hear from a later user that CaminoWays had been a little less responsive to their needs.

For my second (Primitivo), I did all my arrangements myself, booking chokepoints well in advance and everything else 1-3 days in advance, using WhatsApp, Burn Camino, Wise Pilgrim, Gronze, and Taxicamino.

BL. You will get lots of recommendations to do it yourself. You can, or you can book. A lot of your choices will come down to what you're searching for, and what will help you search.

Buen Camino.

Hi Stephen!
Your first Camino is daunting but it really is easy to plan; plus you make the choices where you walk to and stay. Not some other person.
Whatever you choose it is your Camino not mine and if a company is what you really want; then ignore this info no probs!
A lot of people on here have used companies and have thoroughly enjoyed their experience!

Regarding weather checkout this website might give you some idea when to go; even pilgrim info is anecdotal!

The Ingles is the shortest Camino where you can qualify for a Compostela. (113km i think)
Start in Ferrol.
Depending on your health and fitness it can be walked from Ferrol to Santiago in 5 days or choose shorter stages and take 8 (average 14km or 8.5 miles)
This website Gronze (in Spanish but Google Chrome translates to English) is great and so easy to use; shows all accommodation near the path with websites, phone numbers and reviews also booking.com which is easy to use and has free cancellation up to a few days before you stay .

Basically that's all your paying a company for; booking 5 to 8 nights of board and lodging .

If you want your main pack transported everyday you can use a service like this one

Flights from LGW direct to A Coruna (2hr 5 min flight) May average prices pp between £22 and £55 depending on time of the month.
Bus £6-9 train£9-14 or taxi to Ferrol! start fresh the next day!
Whatever you decide have a wonderful walk
Buen Camino
Woody

it can get confusing!
I think you would be far better on the Frances for the type of holiday you’re planning. Far more facilities, many of a high standard; a wider choice of tour providers and many more fellow walkers

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
@stephenhacking , welcome to the forum!
Personally I would consider the best time to walk the Camino is between April and the beginning of October. Although I believe it can get a little warm in the middle of summer - June, July and August.
I walked it in April last year, I had Frost a couple of mornings and 24 degrees as a high. While I had beautiful weather, the English is on the coast so it can be extremely changeable. It's a little bit like Ireland, green for a reason!

Sorry, I cannot help you with tour companies, hopefully someone else will see this post soon and respond.
Thanks for the info Peter appreciate it - rain not always an issue, maybe that's why it's called 'English'!!

I will be walking this route in September with a friend. No need to book through a company it is easy to do it yourself. Look on Gronze.com they have all the information you need. From their home page click on all/other roads then click on English/Ingles.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Stephen!
Your first Camino is daunting but it really is easy to plan; plus you make the choices where you walk to and stay. Not some other person.
Whatever you choose it is your Camino not mine and if a company is what you really want; then ignore this info no probs!
A lot of people on here have used companies and have thoroughly enjoyed their experience!

Regarding weather checkout this website might give you some idea when to go; even pilgrim info is anecdotal!

The Ingles is the shortest Camino where you can qualify for a Compostela. (113km I think)
Start in Ferrol.
Depending on your health and fitness it can be walked from Ferrol to Santiago in 5 days or choose shorter stages and take 8 (average 14km or 8.5 miles)
This website Gronze (in Spanish but Google Chrome translates to English) is great and so easy to use; shows all accommodation near the path with websites, phone numbers and reviews also booking.com which is easy to use and has free cancellation up to a few days before you stay.

Basically that's all your paying a company for; booking 5 to 8 nights of board and lodging.

If you want your main pack transported everyday you can use a service like this one

Flights from LGW direct to A Coruna (2hr 5 min flight) May average prices pp between £22 and £55 depending on time of the month.
Bus £6-9 train£9-14 or taxi to Ferrol! start fresh the next day!
Whatever you decide to have a wonderful walk
Good way
Woody
brilliant, thanks for your advice Woody

it can get confusing!
Hi Stephen

I'm from the UK as well and did the Inglis last year as my first Camino. I went in the middle of September and the weather was glorious everyday. A bit warm, but not too bad.
There is a company called Explore here in the UK who do Camino walks, and they organise everything. The prices on their website don't include flights and transfers, but they will organise them if you want. I've been on a couple of holidays with them and can highly recommend them.
Hope this helps
Sean

Hi Stephen

I'm from the UK as well and did the Inglis last year as my first Camino. I went in the middle of September and the weather was glorious everyday. A bit warm, but not too bad.
There is a company called Explore here in the UK who do Camino walks, and they organise everything. The prices on their website don't include flights and transfers, but they will organise them if you want. I've been on a couple of holidays with them and can highly recommend them.
Hope this helps
Sean
That's very helpful Sean thanks, I will check them out

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi
I walked my first Camino, CF, in September 2023. I used an “outfitter”. They planned my itinerary, booked my hotels and arranged my luggage transfers. They would have included all meals but I opted out of most meals. As a single female traveling alone I never felt at risk but this arrangement gives me an extra level of comfort. I am planning another Camino this year, CP, and will use them again.

I used Follow the Camino. I contacted COVID and needed to take some time off, their emergency support staff was especially helpful in arranging alternative accommodations and transportation.

Many on this forum will advocate for spontaneity versus preplanning. For me it was worth the trade off.

Remember this is your Camino; do what works best for you and your spouse.

Thanks for responding, it's very helpful as we decide what arrangements to make, we are really
looking forward to doing it , particularly as it's the 1st one.

Hi Stephan. I just finished reviewing a number of companies that offer logistics and accommodations. I have done the Camino Portugués in the past (Porto to Santiago), but found the albergues overwhelming. i need a good nights rest. Hence my group is going late September and we are using Orbis Ways. Here is the route: https://orbisways.com/en/the-camino-de-santiago-ingles-from-ferrol-7-days/. You are going to spend about double what you would spend if you do it DYI. I’m going with my cousins and their partners and it will be bougie, but also I think more enjoyable. Buen camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Stephan. I just finished reviewing a number of companies that offer logistics and accommodations. I have done the Camino Portugués in the past (Porto to Santiago), but found the albergues overwhelming. i need a good nights rest. Hence my group is going late September and we are using Orbis Ways. Here is the route: https://orbisways.com/en/the-camino-de-santiago-ingles-from-ferrol-7-days/. You are going to spend about double what you would spend if you do it DYI. I’m going with my cousins and their partners and it will be bougie, but also I think more enjoyable. Buen camino.
thanks so much for responding, appreciate the info

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back