A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Ingles Weather. . . Yup, there sure is.

• Thread starter Deleted member 67185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67185

Today I scanned through several major weather websites looking at the predicted 7 and 10 day forecasts for a couple of points along the Ingles. These sites vary in their overall predictions, but it is fun to see what overlaps there are.

The first thing is that, as expected, rain will happen if the predictions hold up. The question is: how much and how hard? As it stands now, it looks as if the rain will be fairly light and periodic. No one is reporting day-long, sustained and substantial rainfall. A lot of cloudiness and partial sunshine, too.

Well, that is all changeable, but I expect the worst, and be happy if the weather is kinder. :)

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
It's a short camino, so you're out of luck if a weather system is throwing rain that way. May it not be so, Dave!

Here's my go-to weather app; it gives various models out several days anywhere in the world; different options are along the right side of the screen. Just click on the play icon at the bottom:

D

Deleted member 67185

Yup, the weather is what it is fer sure. I don't mind the rain a bit, it is all part of the adventure. :)

Thanks for sharing your weather site. 😎 It is showing similar to a couple of the others, which is nice.

Juspassinthrough

in our minds, we're vagabonds, you and I
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Inglés 2019
Leon-Sarria, June (2019)
Camino Aragonés (2023?)
I’ve learned to live by different expectations. On my CF, one blustery evening in Terradillos de los Templarios, I asked an old Spanish man what the weather forecast was. He shrugged and said, “what does it matter? Tomorrow I will work and you will walk”. I realize it’s geographicaly different but, the lesson still applies. So, prepare for the worse and hope for the best. Buen Camino

Becky 59

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (May 2018)
Camino Ingles (Aug 2019)
@davebugg, I was just going through my pictures from August, and was surprised to notice that every day except our first day there was "liquid sunshine" for at least part of the day. But there were also spells of sunshine on most of those days, and only once did it rain sideways (@kirkie can tell you about that day) for an hour or so. Interestingly, the rain is not what I remember! (But as @Guy Strachan says, there's only bad equipment, and ours was good). Buen Camino next week!

D

Deleted member 67185

@davebugg, I was just going through my pictures from August, and was surprised to notice that every day except our first day there was "liquid sunshine" for at least part of the day. But there were also spells of sunshine on most of those days, and only once did it rain sideways (@kirkie can tell you about that day) for an hour or so. Interestingly, the rain is not what I remember! (But as @Guy Strachan says, there's only bad equipment, and ours was good). Buen Camino next week!
:) That's pretty much how things are shaping up weather wise. It looks like a lot of overcast and sporadic rain. Lot's of experience with walking in rains, including monsoon weather, so this will be a piece of cake. :)

Jill seems to be taking walking in rain as the expected norm and she is still thrilled with walking the Camino. She is a real Blessing.🥰🙏🙏🙏

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock