A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Camino Madrid

0 Euro Camino Bank Note
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances,Camino Primitivo,Camino de Norte,Camino Portuguese, & Camino Ingles
I am seeking advise on the Camino Madrid, including, stages, accommodations, also would it be crowded in mid August? Any information or links to guides would be of help.
Thank ypu
rba

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
I doubt it would be crowded, but it would definitely be HOT. I fried in late September last year.
Click RIGHT HERE for staging information

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015); Ch. d'Arles: Oloron Ste Marie to Aragones; Frances (2016); V.d.l.P.; Sanabres (2017)
I am seeking advise on the Camino Madrid, including, stages, accommodations, also would it be crowded in mid August? Any information or links to guides would be of help.
Thank ypu
rba
There is lots of information on the forum in the Camino de Madrid section. For recent information on accommodations and facilities available in the towns along the route, consult this thread: Camino de Madrid April 2019 updates . I am planning my Camino de Madrid for this fall and have purchased a Pilgrim Guide to this route from The Confraternity of St James.

Last edited:

pohodnica

Camino(s) past & future
Camino primitivo
Hi! Nick please can you tell me where is the first mark for camino Madrid. Around catedral? I ask and nobody knows.

LTfit

Veteran Member
Hi! Nick please can you tell me where is the first mark for camino Madrid. Around catedral? I ask and nobody knows.
You will find one by the Iglesia de San Juan Bautista but then nothing until Plaza de Castilla. It's a very nice walk from the church where you can also pick up their special credential. Use the search function as there is much information here on the Forum.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances,Camino Primitivo,Camino de Norte,Camino Portuguese, & Camino Ingles

NualaOC

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A few and hopefully lots more. See signature.
Sorry I can’t read Spanish
Hi @rba, the best online resources for the Camino de Madrid are in Spanish. If you use Google Chrome as your browser, it will automatically translate the Ray y Rosa site and Gronze for you.

The CSJ guide has a lot of useful information - I found it very helpful when researching this route. I mostly used Gronze when I was walking as it has regularly updated information on albergues etc.

There are lots of threads here about stages and accommodation. @jungleboy's thread (quoted above) is particularly helpful, but there are many others.

I really enjoyed the Camino de Madrid. It needs minimal planning, as there's plenty of accommodation.

Karl Oz

Camino(s) past & future
Frances
Portuguese
Aragones
Sanabres
Piamonte
Elizabethpfad
I have bussed and trained it back to Madrid a couple of times, having finished or part-finished other caminos. I have observed the terrain north of Madrid through which the CM meanders, and often wondered: 'What is the attraction?' And I am someone who loved the meseta...
The mountains immediately north to the capital look interesting, but thereafter it seems pretty featureless. And not a lot of trees.
Opinions from those who have done it? It may tempt me to try another Spanish pilgrimage one day...

jungleboy

Nick
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (Spring '17)
Primitivo (Spring '18)
Madrid (April '19)
I saw the CdM as being roughly divided, landscape-wise, into three different parts of similar lengths. The first part is going towards and over the mountains, the second part is through a lot of pine forests and the final part is Meseta. But as always, landscape is only one part of a camino. Check out my photos in the link in my signature if you want a better idea of what it’s like.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%