A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Camino mendocino

peregrina2000

Staff member
Donating Member
I have spent the last few days with some good friends who live in Soto Del Real. Walk out their door and you are on dirt paths that go all over the Guadarrama foothills. This time I was surprised to see not only yellow arrows but also official wooden mojones denominating this as the Camino Mendocino, which merges with the Madrid in Manzanares el Real.

The little I have learned is that it’s 4 days from Guadalajara to Manzanares. I am going to do some more research when I’m back home but it looks like it could be a great alternative for those who either don’t fancy leaving Madrid (though it is one of the best big city departures I’ve ever walked) or who want to prolong their camino by a few days.

By chance has anyone walked this route?

Buen camino Laurie.

Ps. Using the last bits of my Spanish gb before my plane takes off, I found this.
http://www.caminosantiago.org/cpperegrino/caminos/caminover.asp?kCamino=ES49a&CaminoId=402

Ppss. If anyone does walk this route, know that my friends in Soto have offered their little guest room for peregrinos. Let me know. It is smack dab on the camino.

Last edited:

Advertisment

wisepilgrim

Guidebook Author
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Many
Fascinating. I spent many of my earliest Summers in a small village just south of Guadalara and would be interested to go and explore this route which seems to me a better way to start the Camino Madrid.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 76 16.0%
  • May

Votes: 131 27.6%
  • June