• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino mozarabe in may

Antonius Vaessen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2015-2016 VdlPlata - Sanabres
2016.Primitivo
2017 Salvador
2018 Norte (to Sobrado)
2019 Norte again
I intended to travel to China in may. Due to the developments concerning the coronavirus the chances that this trip will be cancelled are increasing. In that case I am considering to walk a camino again. The Camino Mozarabe is number one on my "Camino to do list ". I am afraid in may it will be too hot to my liking ( I walked the Via de la Plata from Sevilla beginning the end of March, and it was allready on the limits for me) Perhaps walking on somewhat higher altitudes will diminish the temperature a bit. I understood that day distances are sometimes are more than 30 kilometer, so starting early in the morning does not solve the problem 100 percent. Can anyone tell me what I might expect. I read also that there are few pilgrims on the Mozarabe, is this still the case? Thanks in advance

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I walked the Mozarabe from Malaga about this time last year and found it an excellent route. I have also walked the VdlP starting in October in a mini-heatwave with temperatures over 35C. As a cold-blooded Scot I do not do well in heat. Personally I would not attempt the Mozarabe in May. I do not have a problem with long distances and in cooler weather a 30 or 40km day is not a major challenge for me. But there might be difficulties in some stages in finding enough water to make summer heat manageable for me.

Most read last week in this forum

We have now completed the Camino Mozarabe, walking from Almeria to Merida. Gerard and I documented our walk, in English and Dutch, in our Find Penguins blog, which you can access here...
Our suggestions for updates to the Mozerabe Guide 1.Ocaña: We had some trouble finding the albergue. Keep following the Camino route and look for the blue albergue marker beside the church. The...
The Almería Association has just published a book compiling the comments of female pilgrims from all over. The presentation of the book was last week in the Museo de las Peregrinaciones in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back