• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mozarabe in the winter period

Noud Jacobs

Time of past OR future Camino
CF (21), VdlP (22), Camino Portugués & Inglés (23)
I would like to walk the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria to Cordoba at the end of this year in November or December, but I wonder if there are enough places to sleep during that period. I'd love to hear what your experiences are about this.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I walked from Almería to Granada one year starting on December 1 and everything was open. I believe most places from Granada would be OK as well (police at Castro del Rio albergue etc). Very beautiful. (the pic is from near Tocón de Quéntar, December 7, 2019).

DSC_1686.jpg

I walked from Almería to Granada one year starting on December 1 and everything was open. I believe most places from Granada would be OK as well (police at Castro del Rio albergue etc). Very beautiful. (the pic is from near Tocón de Quéntar, December 7, 2019).

View attachment 157261
Thank you for your answer and beautifull picture.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you for your answer and beautifull picture.
And if you don't have the contact yet, you could get hold of the Association in Almeria:
http://www.caminomozarabesantiago.com/?m=1
They have a list for albergues. And you could also contact Nely (WhatsApp 9+34 619 86 01 98) of the Association, she is at Almeria and has an albergue for pilgrims and she is always ready to meet with pilgrims to answer all questions and co-ordinate your stay in albergues from Almeria up to Granada!
The association has 8 pilgrim hostels Rioja, Santa Cruz de Marchena, Alboloduy, Ocaña, Abla, Huéneja, La Peza and Tocon de Quentar.

Buen Camino!

And if you don't have the contact yet, you could get hold of the Association in Almeria:
http://www.caminomozarabesantiago.com/?m=1
They have a list for albergues. And you could also contact Nely (WhatsApp 9+34 619 86 01 98) of the Association, she is at Almeria and has an albergue for pilgrims and she is always ready to meet with pilgrims to answer all questions and co-ordinate your stay in albergues from Almeria up to Granada!
The association has 8 pilgrim hostels Rioja, Santa Cruz de Marchena, Alboloduy, Ocaña, Abla, Huéneja, La Peza and Tocon de Quentar.

Buen Camino!
Thx Simon, In the meantime I have already contacted the association in Almeria and downloaded the document with overnight accommodation options on the Camino Mozarabe

I would like to walk the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria to Cordoba at the end of this year in November or December, but I wonder if there are enough places to sleep during that period. I'd love to hear what your experiences are about this.
We walked from Granada to Córdoba in Feb this year. We stayed in private accommodation, simple hotels or airbnb, and had no difficulty getting accommodation, usually booking the evening before. We only met one pilgrim, on our last day, and he had decided to take the bus that day!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thx Simon, In the meantime I have already contacted the association in Almeria and downloaded the document with overnight accommodation options on the Camino Mozarabe
@Noud Jacobs i’m having problems downloading accommodation related info from the site, the links seems to be broken. Do you have a file you could message me with pls? Many thanks!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The latest file on their website is from September. I remember that sometimes the Facebook page publishes links to updates more quickly than what they do on their website, but I didn’t see anything there.

I did see that Alison and Alberto, the new hospitaleros at Bodenaya, have just started from Almería and are pictured on the facebook page!
Thx peregrina2000

Anyone know a rough figure for the cost per person per night of albergues in winter almeria to granada

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back