• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino - Portugese

Ria Mattheus

Maybe a stupid question? If you walk the Camino Portugese and also want to walk to Finesterre and Muxia - On the guidebook it say Padron, then Santiago and then Negreira. On the map it looks like a "detour" or long way to walk via Santiago. Is it possible to walk straight from Padron to Negreira - maybe with a GPS? Or is that not a good idea? Please, I know I will get good advise.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Maybe a stupid question? If you walk the Camino Portugese and also want to walk to Finesterre and Muxia - On the guidebook it say Padron, then Santiago and then Negreira. On the map it looks like a "detour" or long way to walk via Santiago. Is it possible to walk straight from Padron to Negreira - maybe with a GPS? Or is that not a good idea? Please, I know I will get good advise.
The only info I could find on this was on a wall map of all the Camino's which I bought in Santiago and it shows a "Camino" running from Padron to Noia and then following the coast all the way to Finisterre. I do not know if this route is waymarked or not.

20150806_120222.jpg

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Hi just seen this message from last year. Did you manage to find this route? I am planning to do padron to negreira in September. I have found a route on Google maps but any help would be appreciated

Yes, we are interested also. We are doing the Porto to SDC leg and would like to walk out to Finisterre via the coast as on that map.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Have you, Ria or @Mike1 or @marbuck found more information about this route? @wayfarer 's map looks like it could be a wonderful experience!

You could always 'wing it'. At Padron cut west to Serra de Outes to eventually join the Camino Finistere near Mazaricos. From Padron to Finisterre the distance would be roughly 80 k.

Happy planning!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I just heard from José Luis of the Via Lusitana that they have opened a pilgrim office in Lisbon. It only opens in the afternoons — every day, from 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM. It is a small room in the...
Last night the skies over the Camino Portugués lit up in the most incredible way. It was a mystery to me until I saw the headlines this morning that a meteor had flown overhead. Did anybody else...
Hello! My sister and I are planning to start our Camino de Santiago journey in Porto. We fly in on the 6th at 4:35. Would we be able to walk into an albergue around 5 or 5:30 and find a spot to...
I'm wondering if anyone on the Portuguese Camino saw the meteor last Saturday? Link...
Hello, I am walking the Portuguese Central starting in Porto on July 24. I have read that many people consider the first day out of Porto to be unpleasant because it is too much in the city...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back