• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues 2016

SaraB

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues (April 2016)
Camino Ingles (April 2017)
Hello, I am a complete newbie to the Camino. I am planning to walk the Camino Portugues (from Porto) in 2016. A friend might or might not join me. I could use 2 weeks in April, or up to 3 weeks in August. I would prefer walking in April, but the extra time in August means that I could spend a few extra days sight-seeing Santiago, Porto and even Lisbon.
I am very excited but also a bit nervous!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello, I am a complete newbie to the Camino. I am planning to walk the Camino Portugues (from Porto) in 2016. A friend might or might not join me. I could use 2 weeks in April, or up to 3 weeks in August. I would prefer walking in April, but the extra time in August means that I could spend a few extra days sight-seeing Santiago, Porto and even Lisbon.
I am very excited but also a bit nervous!
I walked from Porto 2014. I had 3 weeks so was able to spend a few days in Lisbon, Porto, and Santiago. Took the train from Lisbon to Porto and I took the bus from Santiago to Lisbon. Be sure to get a room in old Porto. I recommend the coastal route the first day. Its a flat low impact walk and well marked. It's also a great way to walk into your camino.

The coastal route from Porto is to long to do in one day and there are no places to stay. So to take the tram to the bridge where most people start then walk back to old Porto via the ocean and river on day one then the next day take the tram back the next day and finish the coastal portion of the Portuguese Way. Buen Camino

Happy Trails

PS Be sure to spend a night at Casa Fernanda.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
SaraB,

You will positively love the Caminho PortuguĂŞs! The Portuguese people are so friendly, the food is delicious and the scenery is breathtaking.

I've walked it two times already and will be leading another tour group through Portugal this July. I will be leading my group along the coast from Matosinhos to Vigo, Spain before meeting up with the traditional Caminho PortuguĂŞs in Redondela. We will arrive in Santiago on 24 July for the festival of St. James.

I absolutely agree with Urban Trekker in recommending the coastal route for at the very least the first day, you will not regret that choice.

Bom Caminho!
Arlène

Thank you Urban Trekker and amourier for the precious information! I will definitely follow your advice.
I have booked the flights yesterday... April it is! This means I will only have 2 weeks to walk the Camino. But the weather is going to be a lot nicer (for walking) than in August, I hope.

Hi Sara, I'm arriving in Lisbon on Thursday from London, and haven't decided whether to start the walk on Friday or Saturday, as I've never been to Lisbon before and want to see a bit of it. Maybe we'll run into each other. Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back