• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues Costal this September... how?, and is it well waymarked?

taga_cebu

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues Nov 2015, Camino Portugues Costal Sendo Litoral Sept 2017, Camino Ingles (June2018)
Hello. I have done the CP from Valenca do Minho to SdC in November 2015. While staying a night in Viana do Castelo before taking the train to Valenca, the hotel frontdesk at Hotel Laranjeira was surprised I wasnt doing the Coastal route.

He highly-recommended the coastal route thus I made it a 'mission' to be back this time around. In my experience with the CP where it was well waymarked, would it be the same or at least with the minimum level of waymarkings from Viana to A Guarda... Baiona.... Vigo, until Redondela?

I know Mr. Freixo has made a topographical map of the area but I am not that technical . I was hoping there would be waymarks at least every 300 meters or so.

And would finding accommodations on a day to day basis be 'safe' with adequate good places? And if there would be churches where I can attend Pilgrim masses each night?

Anyone who also plans to do this route next month, your inputs would be appreciated.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, yes, it is well way-marked. I also had MapsMe on my phone, which was very useful to check my location in a few places. I left Viana do Castelo 29 May this year, and saw very few pilgrims all the way to Redondela. The places I stayed were not full.
Jill

Thank you very much jsalt. I plan to do my Camino in these stages. Feel free to comment if it is doable (and if there's a possible issue on accommodation in a said place, kindly advise):
Viana - Vila Praia do Ancora - A Guarda - Baiona - Vigo (or Nigran?) - Redondela - Pontevedra - (possible shift to Variantes Spiritual) onward to SdC

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back