• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portuguese in November?

tominrm

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello, Everyone.
Unfortunately, the only time I have in 2023 to walk the Camino is after November 5 and want to walk Camino Portuguese from Porto. The questions I have are:
1. Will there be enough albergues open in the month of November along the CP route?
2. I don't think I can carry my backpack for 20+ Km a day anymore. Will there still be backpack services along the route in November?
Unless the answers to the both questions are positive, I will be forced to wait until next year.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
OK so I have not walked this camino. But with the likelihood of an Atlantic storm or two I would come prepared for rain, especially if you intend to walk the coastal camino. Other than that I would suggest its no different from walking almost any other camino.
As I have not walked this camino I cannot comment on albergues, many of the private ones often close after the end of October so maybe increase your budget of daily expenses. Buen Camino!

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Top Camino does transport.
I think that you mean Top Santiago

Yes that’s what I meant. Thank you
I think that you mean Top Santiago

I walked in winter from Porto- plenty of albergues are open (I would have some extra to stay in a pension or small hotel as I see you are trying to stay under 20km days - but that is just in case). Plus once you reach Tui the Xunta albergues will be open. In fact I think the CP is a great winter camino, and November is just outside the main season.

Can't comment on the different backpack transport companies that operate on the CP - but would think at least one should be running in early November-

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you all who responded. It sounds encouraging. I expect that things are not going to be like during the main season, but I was afraid the whole thing is virtually shut down.

We walked at the end of Nov. a few years ago. We do not stay in albergues, but met pilgrims along the way who told us they had no problem finding places to stay. Since you will be walking almost a month earlier it doesn't seem that it will be a problem. We walked short days, but prepare for some wet days. 🥾 :) ☔

We walked at the end of Nov. a few years ago. We do not stay in albergues, but met pilgrims along the way who told us they had no problem finding places to stay. Since you will be walking almost a month earlier it doesn't seem that it will be a problem. We walked short days, but prepare for some wet days. 🥾 :) ☔
Thanks. I guess I need to prepare for wet, cool, and short days.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
Hi! I plan to go on El Camino Portugues starting in Vigo this summer, and after, I am going to explore Europe. I need a suitcase for my trip after El Camino, and I have been struggling to...
Looking to book a train from Santiago to Madrid in late June and there are no trains on any day even today on the Renfe site? Queries to Renfe generate an error. Does anyone know what is happening?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back