• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portuguese March 2018

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes, the Camino keeps calling us back! I thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 1996 and that is enough...I have never entertained walking it again. Not so...the Camino! Each time is the best time. The next time may be just around the corner. The pilgrims, the scenery, the history and the uplifting in faith make the Way satisfying for everyone.
Bom Caminho
Arn

Hello WJW,
I'm hoping to do Camino Portugues this year, starting in Lisbon. My impression is it tends to be wetter on this route rather than Frances which I did last June/July. I'm thinking about mid May. What are your thoughts about the weather/temperatures you are likely to encounter?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, I’m thinking that I’ll have a fair amount of rainy days just because of the time of my walk, which is this March. I feel that the temperatures will become nicer as I progress towards SDC. I, too, had beautiful weather when I walked the Camino Frances in September/October 2016. Bom Caminho!

Walked from Lisbon last September. Left about the 16th. The weather was really hot some days, won't be your issue, and literally had about 10 drops of rain the whole time. Also so different, the time of year.
The two things I would tell you to do for sure is check ahead of time to see what albergues are open. There are not alot of choices to begin with until you start getting closer to Porto so I would do a little pre-planning. I know it will help. If you are not European I would recommend getting one of those temporary cell phone plans. They are really cheap. I have an IPhone and they slipped in a new sim card. I still had all my contacts etc. I had cell phone service throughout Portugal and I had enough data so when I needed it.
It might be icy in some of the higher elevations, especially because you are doing alot of road walking so be aware of your surroundings. Walking sticks may come in handy on those downhills when roads or even in forest walking, the cobblestones can be really slippery.
Bom Camino. The Portuguese people are wonderful!!! They are always ready to help.

I m starting from Porto on March 29th, so see you maybe on the way.
I also hope it will not be too rainy. I have walked the Camino Frances in September 2011 and had wonderful weather

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, I’m thinking that I’ll have a fair amount of rainy days just because of the time of my walk, which is this March. I feel that the temperatures will become nicer as I progress towards SDC. I, too, had beautiful weather when I walked the Camino Frances in September/October 2016. Bom Caminho!
We just have to be prepared. I too will be on the Portuguese road around that time. I am meeting friends in Faro on March 12 and will be starting our walk March 14 from Cabo Vincente, Rota Vincenta to Lisbon to SJC. We think rain and sun, but we have no choice... will take what mother nature gives us and be grateful and happy that we can walk. Bom Caminho also:)

I m starting from Porto on March 29th, so see you maybe on the way.
I also hope it will not be too rainy. I have walked the Camino Frances in September 2011 and had wonderful weather
Now that you've walked the Porto Camino, what was the weather like in March? Did you do the coastal or the inland route?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Now that you've walked the Porto Camino, what was the weather like in March? Did you do the coastal or the inland route?

Hi Rone, I walked the inland route and the weather was very rainy! But I believe that this past spring was definitely not the norm for the amount of rain that Portugal received. However, I still enjoyed my Caminho and would recommend the Portuguese way.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.