• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Therapy

skilsaw

Veteran Member
Tomorrow evening I will see the Movie "The Way" for the second time. I will be in special company watching it at a mental hospital with about 100 inpatients and outpatients.

I have heard people talk of "Camino Therapy". The insight about life and the significant change that comes about from walking the Camino. For some, the Camino is just a nice, different sort of holiday. For others it is a real transformational experience.

While I expect some of the viewers to be initially inspired to walk the Camino, I doubt that any of them will be able to pull it together. I hope that the Camino can work its magic on the audience and that some will really understand Martin Scheen's experience and thereby receive some peace inside.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The showing of the movie "The Way" went well.
Based on the dialogue afterwards, quite a few of the viewers understood the Camino as a metaphor for life as well as Martin Sheen reconciling his relationship with his son. For others, it was a nice story of 4 strangers on a long walk becomming friends.

I asked who would like to walk the Camino, and about 20 put up their hand.

The movie evokes some precious memories for me. I accepted the emotions and let the tears flow.

David, Victoria, Canada

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hi Forum! Just to reassure those starting now and the next week, but I was in Roncesvalles last night and, though full and busy, I talked to the hospitalero who told me, there were still 27 empty...
Walking the Camino Frances, since the 16th there has been a lot of mud on the trail but doable until today on the way to Pamplona! It got very difficult with the mud on the pass high up beside...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
I'm flying from the USA to start my Camino this week. I will check my backpack, and to protect it, I will ship it in a plastic storage bin like this one: Rather than shipping the storage bin to...
Just after 9am this morning I turned the last corner of the Camino Frances and stood in front of the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela!! It's been 33 days since I left Saint Jean Pied de Port...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.