• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Vasco in August

Jean Russell

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Finisterre/Muxia 2016
I will be walking the Camino Vasco Interior in August and would welcome any
useful tips and info from anyone who has walked this route recently. It is rarely mentioned. I am able to fly into Vitoria Gasteix and can take public transport to reach Irun . I will only be walking as far as Burgos as I have limited time available. Many thanks.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
useful tips and info from anyone who has walked this route recently. It is rarely mentioned. I am able to fly into Vitoria Gasteix and can take public transport to reach Irun . I will only be walking as far as Burgos as I have limited time available. Many thanks.
Hi Jean, We will be walking starting May 14 and will be posting Live from the Camino. Also have you checked out @WestKirsty's recent thread here. She just walked from Irun to Haro finishing at Easter. She took some hilly alternatives. Also @PierreB in is walking now and making brief posts here.

Hi, @Jean Russell, you will love the Vasco!

I would add a caveat that you will likely find the non-albergue lodging very full with summer hikers and vacationers. August is primo vacation month in Spain, you probably know that, and this part of the country has a lot of great day hikes. When I walked the Vasco it was early June and we had albergues to ourselves and pensiones were plentiful, cheap and available. But it will be glorious summer weather. I have been in País Vasco in August as a tourist, and wow, it is green, lush, and gorgeous. Hope it all goes well for you.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi! Yes, I've just walking from Irún to Haro and posted info here during the trip. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer :)

It's a really lovely route with lots of variation from one day to the next!

Buen Camino!

Hi! Yes, I've just walking from Irún to Haro and posted info here during the trip. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer :)

It's a really lovely route with lots of variation from one day to the next!

Buen Camino!
Thank you.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, @Jean Russell, you will love the Vasco!

I would add a caveat that you will likely find the non-albergue lodging very full with summer hikers and vacationers. August is primo vacation month in Spain, you probably know that, and this part of the country has a lot of great day hikes. When I walked the Vasco it was early June and we had albergues to ourselves and pensiones were plentiful, cheap and available. But it will be glorious summer weather. I have been in País Vasco in August as a tourist, and wow, it is green, lush, and gorgeous. Hope it all goes well for you.
Many thanks. I have walked part of various caminos in August before and always find that finding accommodation is tricky..I am a "senior" solo walker so prefer to pre-book if I can. Inevitably I am finding that private accommodation prices have risen a lot too.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.