• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camio Ingles: starting in Ferrol on May 19

Rodlach

My Ryanair flight arrives in Santiago on May 18 at 7:30 PM. If possible, I would like to take the bus to Ferrol on the same day to start the Camino the following day, but I could not find the bus schedule online. Does someone know how to get to Ferrol by bus or otherwise?

Alex

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hola Alex,
This thread might help you, and somewhere I thought I had seen some more information too but I cannot see it at present. I'll edit it in if I find it.
Getting to Ferrol - starting at #11 there are answers to Stephen's question this year.

Bus is the only option.
Last bus leaves the Santiago Bus station at 20:30 hrs. Taxi from the airport should be good.
Search engine: http://horarios.monbus.es/
Good luck,
Jean-Marc
P-S. EE AA stands for Estacion de Autobus (bus station)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for your responses. They are helpful! I tried to search the monbus search but it seems not to work, but this may be due to my browser. Will follow your advise to take a taxi from the airport in Santiago to the bus station and hope to get the last bus to Ferrol... :)

Alex

It might be easier and less stressful to stay in Santiago overnight, take the earliest bus you choose next morning and start walking as soon as you reach Ferrol. The timing between your expected arrival at the airport and time needed to get to the bus station however you do it looks a bit tight. You probably will have to pay for your ticket in the bus station Monbus office not on the bus in Santiago.
The Monbus site requires start, finish and day of travel to work properly, then 'buscar' - it doesn't work without all fields, unlike ALSA which allows the choice of no fixed date.
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks! Mmh... you are right, it may be safer to stay over night in Santiago, though it feels a bit odd to stay overnight at the destination of the Camino. Well, let me think about it... :)

If you do not want to be in Santiago itself then stay in the new part of town and don't go into the old town or near the Cathedral. There are a number of hotels near the bus station if you check on Google maps. Many folk have to stay over before starting out, so IMO it should be OK if you don't do more than that.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Having stayed there several time, I can vouch for Hostal La Salle.

Having stayed there several time, I can vouch for Hostal La Salle.
This year i arrived from Madrid by train at night,spent the night and started walking early am to Finisterre. Stayed in a little hostal by train station Rey Fernando

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Watch out for a limping old-timer ... I set out from A Coruna on 17th May, and from Ferrol around 21st ...
I hope you have a Forum badge on your back-pack. I'll keep an eye open!
Buen camino!

Hi, Stephen. This makes two of us who might be limping. Last time, on the Camino Primitivo, I had tendinitis on both Achilles tendons, which made it really awkward to continue... but I did not give up. Hope to meet you on the Camino. Buen Camino.

Does anyone have a Sunday timetable for Santiago to Coruna I would appreciate some help please.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I can tell anyone who'd like to know, for just €50 .............:D

There has been much talk on the forum about BLISTERS - the bane in the life of so many pilgrims. This was my 4th camino. On the previous three I needed hospital treatment for severe blistering, which took much of the pleasure from the trek. I have tried all the usual remedies - vaseline, powder, walking socks, massage, etc etc all to no avail.
This year I decided to use panty liners. If you fellows don't know about panty liners, just ask the lady in your life.
I would place the liner on the floor, sticky side UP, then carefully place my foot down onto it, so that it was at the same angle as my toes - and gave me protection along the ball of the big toe, and across the whole sole of my foot just below the toes. Just position it where you usually get blisters.
On occasion I had to buy the extra long liners from chemists in Spain: the same principle applied, and the ends of the liner were simply folded across the top of my foot. I then put on my normal walking socks.
I am not suggesting for one moment that this will cure everyone's problems. Only that they cured mine. So it might be worth a try.
I also limited my walking distances to no more than around 22-24 kms a day - ideally down to 15 kms approx.
If that helps just one of you to avoid blisters, my time has been well spent.
Buen camino! [Without blisters :)]

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I can tell anyone who'd like to know, for just €50 .............:D

There has been much talk on the forum about BLISTERS - the bane in the life of so many pilgrims. This was my 4th camino. On the previous three I needed hospital treatment for severe blistering, which took much of the pleasure from the trek. I have tried all the usual remedies - vaseline, powder, walking socks, massage, etc etc all to no avail.
This year I decided to use panty liners. If you fellows don't know about panty liners, just ask the lady in your life.
I would place the liner on the floor, sticky side UP, then carefully place my foot down onto it, so that it was at the same angle as my toes - and gave me protection along the ball of the big toe, and across the whole sole of my foot just below the toes. Just position it where you usually get blisters.
On occasion I had to buy the extra long liners from chemists in Spain: the same principle applied, and the ends of the liner were simply folded across the top of my foot. I then put on my normal walking socks.
I am not suggesting for one moment that this will cure everyone's problems. Only that they cured mine. So it might be worth a try.
I also limited my walking distances to no more than around 22-24 kms a day - ideally down to 15 kms approx.
If that helps just one of you to avoid blisters, my time has been well spent.
Buen camino! [Without blisters :)]
Send me half of the 50€ for the tip Stephen :)

Most read last week in this forum

I did a search in this sub-forum but couldn't find anything recent. How much cash should I bring for the Ingles? All of my pre-booked accommodations except one accept credit card. That one place...
No rooms in Bruma tonight. Anywhere. Is it cheating to take a cab 10k away to get a place to stay?
Hello all, I'll be walking the Camino Inlgés staring 21st May, along with my husband and my mother. My husband and I are relatively fit, in our mid-40's, and my 75-year-old mother is somewhat fit...
Here is a brief outline of our Camino from Reading UK to Santiago de Compostella via the Camino Ingles. Day 1 April 7th Reading to Little London. Reading is very Pilgrim friendly, great signage...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back