• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting the Camino Inglés in Cornwall

mazzarina

Time of past OR future Camino
CF (partial) '05
Primitivo 19
Portugues 22
Today I walked the St Michael's Way, a 13-mile route from Lelant on the north coast to St Michael's Mount on the south, following the ancient route that Irish and Welsh pilgrims used to take as they made their way by ship and on foot to Santiago.
The route has been authorised by the Cathedral of Santiago as an official feeder to the Inglés in Spain, so if you do it, get the stamps, and take your credencial, you can get a Compostela walking from A Coruña.
It's a beautiful route with spectacular views, and with great waymarking provided by the Friends of St Michael's Way. My first camino to be fuelled by a pasty. Proper job!

Attachments

• 20230616_090650.jpg
    20230616_090650.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 703
  • 20230616_104515.jpg
    20230616_104515.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • 20230616_105605.jpg
    20230616_105605.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Love the bits of the CdS in the UK!

The most traditional route onwards is St Michael's Mount > Mont Saint-Michel by boat > Santiago. Probably only possible nowadays by privately hiring some local ...

Excellent walk, good on you !!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A very big Buen Camino! What a great way to see some of SW England and also follow in the steps of those English pilgrims from a thousand years ago.
I join Jabba in wishing you an great Camino. Cheers

Hi, mazzarina! I have previously posted about finding scallop shell markers in Cornwall https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-uk-somewhere-near-st-ives.75770/post-1046770
And I walked north-south in Cornwall pre-lockdown, but I don't remember there being any stamp boxes - where, please, did you find your stamps?
Hi Peter, sorry for a slow reply. I used the list provided by the Friends of St Michael's Way on their website. The message at the top says they took the stamps away during Covid, but they are back now. http://www.stmichaelsway.net/passport/4594059506.html

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Mazzarina, my wife and I plan to do the walk within the next few weeks. I downloaded a list of participating churches from stmichaelsway.net. Did you find it easy to locate the stamps. Thanks Steve

Hi Mazzarina, my wife and I plan to do the walk within the next few weeks. I downloaded a list of participating churches from stmichaelsway.net. Did you find it easy to locate the stamps. Thanks Steve
Hi Steve, hope you have a good time! Yes, I did. I missed a couple (didn't start at Lelant itself) but found 5 or 6, using the website. The church in Marazion has two: one for Marazion itself, and one for St Michael's Mount in case you can't get on the island (e.g. on Saturdays, when it's shut).
http://www.stmichaelsway.net/passport/4594059506.html

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back