• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting El Camino Ingles on the 10th of September 2023 from Ferrol

maket

Time of past OR future Camino
2017: Sarria to Santiago; 2023: Ferrol to Santiago
Hi,
My wife and me are starting el Camino Ingles on the 10th of September from Ferrol. Does somebody got the same plan? Some years ago we did Sarria to SDC and it was great. Now, we are afraid of meeting almost no one on the road. Furthermore, I got a question if it is absolutely sure we can get our credencials at the Pilgrim office in Ferrol or maybe somewhere else?

Please help!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi,
My wife and me are starting el Camino Ingles on the 10th of September from Ferrol. Does somebody got the same plan? Some years ago we did Sarria to SDC and it was great. Now, we are afraid of meeting almost no one on the road. Furthermore, I got a question if it is absolutely sure we can get our credencials at the Pilgrim office in Ferrol or maybe somewhere else?

Please help!

Just back from the Inglés.

Rest assured you will meet other pilgrims.
It was quite busy this week, of course last week of schoolholidays and lots of young people walking.
This was my third Inglés and it is getting busier and busier by the year.
Rest assured that you will still find enough solitude if you want that.
Interesting to see what nationalities you will meet. We mostly met Spaniards this time.

Do not underestimate the etapa from Betanzos to Hospital de Bruma : it is quite steep and you need a good condition to tackle the hills.

Yes, the Pilgrim Office in Ferrol sells you the credencial.

Happy walking!

Hi,

Please help!
My wife and I did the Ingles in June and there was plenty of people to meet. As there are limited rest stops you meet the same people at them. As said, they were mostly Spanish. I think the locals are avoiding the busy route from Sarria.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You can get a credential from the tourism office, its near the starting point in the harbor: P.º Mariña, 6, 15401 Ferrol, A Coruña, Spain. You can also get a credential from the Cathedral when it is open,

I don't know about pilgrims office in Ferrol. there was not one when I did my walk. Maybe its new? Its not showing up in a google search either.

OOPs i just read the entire name for the tourism office: it it also says ..."and Pilgrim Assistance". Anyway the address is above. Buen Camino!

Last edited:
Hi,

Please help!
You'll be 2 days behind me, I start my walk on the 8th Sept.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I walked it last July and was cautioned not to take any shortcuts over a bridge or I would not have walked the required distance to receive a compostela.

I walked it last July and was cautioned not to take any shortcuts over a bridge or I would not have walked the required distance to receive a compostela.

The Ferrol tourism board gives this incorrect information but rest assured it is not true. You will walk more than 100 k. even with the so called shortcut.
There is also the bridge next to N road. That one should be avoided.

Last edited:
Hearsay: there is now an albergue in Ferrol. Guess: they could have credenciales.
I just looked up albergue in Ferrol and found this:

There is at least one email address, you might have time to ask if they have credenciales.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You will be two days ahead of us, we start walking on the 12th of September. Remember to leave bread crumbs for us to follow :)
You will be two days ahead of us, we start walking on the 12th of September. Remember to leave bread crumbs for us to follow :)
More breadcrumbs please as I start on the 19th. Actually I've done it before,maybe 9/10 years ago,so I'm extending it to Finisterre this time.I really liked it last time so I hope you do too.👍Have a great walk.

Hearsay: there is now an albergue in Ferrol. Guess: they could have credenciales.
I just looked up albergue in Ferrol and found this:

There is at least one email address, you might have time to ask if they have credenciales.

These are the correct details of the new Xunta albergue in Ferrol.

Hi,

Please help!
Hello! I have the same plan and i am leaving the airport on 10th september from Santiago by bus or train to Farol, stay there in an Airbnb room and start the camino Inglese on September 11th. In June I already walked the Camino Portugues. Maybe we'll meet on the way? Buen camino, Wolfinho
I'm not sure if you can get the credentials in Ferrol, but I think so, maybe there at the Tourist Office?

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back