• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can you recommend places to stay at these locations along the route??

irishgurrrl

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept/Oct 2012
Camino Finisterre Oct 2012
Le Puy Route (Le Puy-en-Velay to St Jean Pied de Port) April/May 2014
[Kilimanjaro Sept 2014]
Le Puy Route (Le Puy-en-Velay to St-Chely d'Aubrac) May 2015
[Stevenson Route, France - April 2016]
The Way of St Francis (Sansepolcro to Assisi) May 2016
[The West Highland Way, Scotland - Sept 2016]
[The Kerry Way, Ireland - March 2017]
Next up:
Camino Primitivo (Oviedo-Lugo) end April-mid May 2017
[Everest Base Camp Trek, Nepal -- October 2017]
Hi all

I'm looking for recommendations for places to stay along the route:
  • St Come D’Olt
  • Estaing
  • Espayrac
  • St Roch
  • Figeac
  • Cahors
  • Lectoure
  • St Jean Pied de Port - I've already stayed at L'Esprit du Chemin but as I am hoping to stay for 2 nights in a single/double room (they don't do these) I am looking for a highly recommended alternative :)
Any recommendations?

Also if you had the choice of a rest day at either Le Villeret d’Apchier or St Alban sur Limagnole which would you choose???

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am not sure there is anything but the gite. Call to reserve a bed. There is a bakery and a restaurant in the village. Reserve at the restaurant, or they may not be able to feed you.

Hôtel de La Vallée
Le Bourg
12140 Espeyrac
France

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Stay with the sisters. Separate sleeping for men and women. Women can visit vespers in the evening. Kitchen, but no food service. You should reserve.

Carmel
7 Avenue Jean Jaurès46100 Figeac France
carmel.asso.fr
+33 5 65 34 27 53

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for all the recommendations Falcon! :)

Thanks for all the recommendations Falcon! :)
St Albans, definitely the B and B on my email list, forgot the name, the people are wonderful and dinner at La Petite Maison unmissable.
Living ac Le Haut, a nice young couple, he is Italian opened a Donativo Gite next to the Gite Communal as you come up to the square on the right. the guy is a great cook too.
St Jean PdP Azkorria is fabulous, lovely rooms with em suite and great food. Opp pilgrims office.
Enjoy, Gitti

St Albans, definitely the B and B on my email list, forgot the name, the people are wonderful and dinner at La Petite Maison unmissable.
Living ac Le Haut, a nice young couple, he is Italian opened a Donativo Gite next to the Gite Communal as you come up to the square on the right. the guy is a great cook too.
St Jean PdP Azkorria is fabulous, lovely rooms with em suite and great food. Opp pilgrims office.
Enjoy, Gitti

Thanks Gitti for all the suggestions :) Would you believe it but double rooms in Azkorria are already booked out! I stupidly forgot I need to book St Jean really far in advance :(

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
L'Alchimiste (The Alchemist) in Navarrenx is great and... The place has got a bath...;-)

Hi all

I'm looking for recommendations for places to stay along the route:
  • St Come D’Olt
  • Estaing
  • Espayrac
  • St Roch
  • Figeac
  • Cahors
  • Lectoure
  • St Jean Pied de Port - I've already stayed at L'Esprit du Chemin but as I am hoping to stay for 2 nights in a single/double room (they don't do these) I am looking for a highly recommended alternative :)
Any recommendations?

Also if you had the choice of a rest day at either Le Villeret d’Apchier or St Alban sur Limagnole which would you choose???

Hi. For Estaing try Hospitalite Saint-Jacques, 8 Rue du College, 05-65-44-19-00. Great communal dinner and breakfast. Operated by volunteers. Real Camino experience. Donativo. Also nice little town.

For Lectoure try Accueil Pelerin chez l'habitant, Daniel and Maryse Segura, 9 chemin de Leucate. 05-62-68-58-49 or 06-29-47-59-89. Lovely couple. Daniel has walked Le Puy to Santiago numerous times. Wonderful stay. If you stay there mention us, Dayton and Karen from Canada.

Hi. For Estaing try Hospitalite Saint-Jacques, 8 Rue du College, 05-65-44-19-00. Great communal dinner and breakfast. Operated by volunteers. Real Camino experience. Donativo. Also nice little town.

For Lectoure try Accueil Pelerin chez l'habitant, Daniel and Maryse Segura, 9 chemin de Leucate. 05-62-68-58-49 or 06-29-47-59-89. Lovely couple. Daniel has walked Le Puy to Santiago numerous times. Wonderful stay. If you stay there mention us, Dayton and Karen from Canada.
Thanks Karen :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For St Come d'Olt the "Couvent du Malet" is superb.
Just a month ago I stayed at the "Gite Compostella" in SJPdP. Private rooms but WC/Bath on the landing. The half-board is taken in a small resto just next to the walls near the church "Chez Edouard".

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.