• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Canadian hoping to start sept. 1 2011

Maggiejane

Hi my name is Maggie and I hope to meet you on the Camino in Sept. While I have been dreaming, plotting, and strategizing for years, as the date approaches for my departure, I must admit I am a little stressed. While browsing the forum, I was pleased to read that September is a good time to walk - weather and possible harvest festivals. Reading "Walk in a Relaxed Manner" by Joyce Rupp inspired me to consider Camino. Numerous events that some might call coincidence kept drawing my attention to Camino through the past 5 years. And now the time has almost arrived!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buen Camino Maggie:

Wish I was walking with you. Pack light, start slowly and the Camino will take care of the rest.

Ultreya,
Joe

Hi Maggy, and welcome to the forum. Like yourself I'm relatively new here myself. also starting in September. No need to be stressed. Draw on all the help and positivity from the vets on this forum and you will be grand. Dont forget,all the new guys are in the same boat,and probably feeling a bit overwhelmed themselves. Enjoy your Camino....Jimmy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Maggie...welcome to the Forum and the Class of 2011!

Stressed is worth walking a Way from...take that first step on the Camino and so much just fades into the distance.

Buen Camino,

Arn

Maggie.

Welcome. When the stress turns to excitement you won't know what hit you. You'll fizz.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Maggie - My friend and myself arrive on 9/1 and begin from Sarria 9/2 - where is your starting point? We only have 8 days, alas, so we've shortened the journey to accomodate the time constraints, although I plan to 'suspend' time whilst traveling along our pilgrimage - No clock, no worries, no hurries and definitely no stress or expectations! The entire planning process of our visit has been an excellent part of the whole experience! Anticipation is a better channel for your thoughts:)

Dear LMcamino I plan to start from Roncesvalles on Sept 1 therefore our paths will not cross. Blessings on your way and hope you get an opportunity to do a longer Camino someday if that is what your heart desires. Thanks for enquiring. Maggie.

Maggie--I walked for the first time in May/June this year and had a wonderful experience. I'm from the States but my best and dearest walking companions were Canadians. I, too, love Joyce Rupp's book and am just re-reading it for a study in our church. I am glad to tell you that I found the the refugios much cleaner and more comfortable than she reports (her descriptions almost dissuaded me from going at all) or else I'm just less picky. Also, she seems to fret a lot about food, which I find odd since with only a little forethought food was never a problem for me.

Anyway, blessings, blessings on your way. I am sure that you will find, as I did, that blessings abound with every step.

Rene

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Nice to know that another Canadian is starting out in Sept. We leave Toronto Sept. 6. maybe we'll say hello on route! Have fun.
Carmel

Hey Carmel. Bet we won't be the only Canadians on the trail. I will have a Canadian Co. Of Pilgrims badge on my pack. But hoping I am not so slow that you overtake me. :D Have a safe Camino. regards Maggie

mtcab said:
Nice to know that another Canadian is starting out in Sept. We leave Toronto Sept. 6. maybe we'll say hello on route! Have fun.
Carmel

Just be sure to cover everything in maple leafs :D September is maybe the best month of all to be out there.

Actually, it seems most of the Canadians are from Quebec, and are continuing their long cultural tradition.

Newfy

Hi Newfy. we can certainly embrace Quebecers and maybe even utilize the twelve words of High School French languishing in our grey matter. :D

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.