• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Canadian Peregrina

AdventureBecca

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances + Finisterre (July-August 2015)
Portuguese Coastal Camino + Finisterre/Muxia (July-August 2016)
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the Camino forum, and I just wanted to say hi!

I did my first Camino in July and August, from StJPdP to Finisterre. I met the most amazing people, and it was truly the experience of a lifetime. I definitely caught the Camino bug!

At the end of my Camino, I told everyone I would never walk another Camino again. Mainly because I was afraid no other Camino experience could live up to the first one... I lasted about 6 months before I decided I would be doing another Camino the next summer. So in July 2016, I set off to do the Portuguese Coastal Camino. I started in Porto, followed the coast as far as I could on the way up to Santiago, then made my way back out to Finisterre and Muxia. I hadn't made it up to Muxia the first time, so I was definitely looking forward to it this time, and it did not disappoint! Muxia may very well be my favourite part of my second Camino. (I have no immediate plans to walk another Camino, but I VERY much doubt this will be my last!)

I spent the year between my 2 Caminos carefully creating a massive (embarrassingly so, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!) scrapbook out of the thousands of photos I took along the way. I told all my friends I wanted to be able to read my scrapbook when I'm 90 and remember every detail.

In that same "between Caminos" period, I also started a Camino blog to offer advice to other pilgrims, build my own little Camino community, and share my Camino musing with anyone interested. My boyfriend (a fellow pilgrim who I met at the beginning of my first Camino) suggested that I might want to look around and find some existing Camino communities to connect with and make new Camino friends... so here I am!

Buen Camino everyone! :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi, Becca, and welcome to this cozy virtual albergue!
It's never completo, but full of good company--and lots of expertise, in case you eventually want to journey father afield than the Frances and Portugues.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back