Canadian Peregrina

AdventureBecca

Sep 13, 2016
Canada
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances + Finisterre (July-August 2015)
Portuguese Coastal Camino + Finisterre/Muxia (July-August 2016)
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the Camino forum, and I just wanted to say hi!

I did my first Camino in July and August, from StJPdP to Finisterre. I met the most amazing people, and it was truly the experience of a lifetime. I definitely caught the Camino bug!

At the end of my Camino, I told everyone I would never walk another Camino again. Mainly because I was afraid no other Camino experience could live up to the first one... I lasted about 6 months before I decided I would be doing another Camino the next summer. So in July 2016, I set off to do the Portuguese Coastal Camino. I started in Porto, followed the coast as far as I could on the way up to Santiago, then made my way back out to Finisterre and Muxia. I hadn't made it up to Muxia the first time, so I was definitely looking forward to it this time, and it did not disappoint! Muxia may very well be my favourite part of my second Camino. (I have no immediate plans to walk another Camino, but I VERY much doubt this will be my last!)

I spent the year between my 2 Caminos carefully creating a massive (embarrassingly so, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!) scrapbook out of the thousands of photos I took along the way. I told all my friends I wanted to be able to read my scrapbook when I'm 90 and remember every detail.

In that same "between Caminos" period, I also started a Camino blog to offer advice to other pilgrims, build my own little Camino community, and share my Camino musing with anyone interested. My boyfriend (a fellow pilgrim who I met at the beginning of my first Camino) suggested that I might want to look around and find some existing Camino communities to connect with and make new Camino friends... so here I am!

Buen Camino everyone! :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides