• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Carrión de los Condes 12.07.2013.

Jozsef Hungary

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 01.07.2013 - 28.07.2013.
Kedves Nővérek !
¡Queridas hermanas !
Dear Sisters,
Köszönöm, hogy itt lehettem !
¡Me agradezco que me permitieren estar ahi !
Thank you very much for having been allowed me to be here !
Bátran mondhatom, hogy az El Camino örökké a szívemben él.....
Puedo decir que el El Camino vive en mi corazón eternamente...
I may say that El Camino lives in my heart eternally forever...
Itt küldöm az általam felvett videó elérhetőségét, amihez jó szórakozást kívánok.
Envío la disponibilidad del vídeo que hice y deseo buen entretenimiento al aquello.​

Pictures from the video
carrion1.jpg
carrion2.jpg
carrion3.jpg
carrion4.jpg
carrion6.jpg
carrion5.jpg

Üdvözlettel Magyarországról: Balogh József
Con un saludo de Hungría: Jozsef Balogh

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Albergue Santa Maria in Carrion de Los Condes is a special place. It is a welcome break in the near mid point of the CF.

We worked there in October as hospitalarios with the sisters. The sisters are kind and dedicated to serving pilgrims.

Every day includes a music session, communal dinner and a very special Pilgrim Blessing for those wish.

New commercial size washer and dryers and extra showers are being installed now for the upcoming season. The upgrades were supported by the American Pilgrims association and others.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Muchas gracias por el video, Jozsef.
'Gracias a la vida' happens to be one of my favourite songs, wish I had stayed in that albergue...

Domigee, de nada !

Albergue Santa Maria in Carrion de Los Condes is a special place....

Con un saludo de Hungría: Jozsef

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Carrion was one of the highlights of my Camino, arriving wet through, many of the pilgrims were sporting blisters and general foot injuries which the sisters insisted on tending. We were nursed with kindness, tenderness and smiles and all the better for it the following day. A truely humbling experience on my Camino in March 2013.

Dcgrannell !

Best regards, Jozsef from Hungary

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I was there this weekend, hospitalera-ing while the sisters were on retreat. Services are a bit pared-down lately -- not many of us can offer the special charm the Agustinas have! They will be back at the end of April.

The new washers, etc. are still in their packing material, alas. The ongoing electrical and water-supply challenges continue, the albergue is waiting for approval of a proposal for a stepped-up electrical supply to the old building. Meantime, those who want to launder clothing must wait til the "shower hour" is ended before starting up the machines. No big deal, everyone seems suitably flexible, and the hand-laundry tubs require no electricity to operate.

The guitar concerts at Iglesia Santa Maria (via Camino Artes -- hosts of the buttoned-down concert guitarist pictured above) start up on June 1 this year. Pilgrim Masses now include greetings and blessings in three languages, and confessions can be heard in English, too!

Mark Lee !

Rebekah Scott !

Con un saludo de Hungría: Jozsef

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back