• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Choose a route - which book?

Barefootgirl

Hello,

I did search the forum before asking this question.

I think the first step in planning my Camino is to choose a route.

Can someone please recommend a book that outlines in the various routes and discusses them in detail?

Thank you, BFG

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Barefootgirl,

The website for the Confraternity of Saint James has a large section with information on various routes, including books and links for information on specific routes. They also have a booklet with the same information.

The link is http://www.csj.org.uk/route-overview-pages.htm

I think you will find their entire website helpful.

:arrow: If you are just beginning to explore the possibilities, the main page of topics here on the forum is a good orientation tool for figuring out which part of the puzzle a specific route fits into.

"YOUR CAMINO on foot, bicycle and horseback in France and Spain"

Outlines all the routes, with websites, starting places, plus 13 chapters on planning your camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have yet to make my first Camino, planning the Via de la Plata in March 2013. I have no experience walking The Way but 2 years of experience in planning. I don't know of a book such as you are looking for. My own decision was based on my needs; time of year and weather, terrain, and avoiding crowds. Also my experiences as a tourist in Spain and Portugal. I read books about others' experiences, followed blogs, and explored every corner of this forum before choosing the VdlP. Keep learning and exploring and think deeply about what experience you are looking for. The right path will come to you.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.