• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2018

At the end of april this year I'll start my second pilgrimage. In 2013 I walked to Rome, where I arrived after two months and three weeks. I met 7 pilgrims along the way, so it was a lonely but beautiful way. This year I will hike my second pilgrimage. This time I will be walking from Vienna to Santiago de Compostela. I would like to cross the Pyrenees via the GR10 and am not sure which camino to take from there. The GR10 goes through SJPDP but also ends very close to the starting point of the camino del Norte. I guess I have enough time to make a decision about that :)

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hei!
22.5.18 I'll close my home door here in Finland and start my very first camino all by myself. I'll fly to Biarritz via Paris and take the train or express Bourricot to Saint Jean pied de port hoping to start walking from Sjpp 23.5. After that I have nothing but Camino in my calendar those following five weeks.. We'll see if I reach Finesterre like I'm hoping I will.

Hi to everybody here. I'm starting my first Camino (Frances) in the end of April 2018. I'm looking forward to meet you. Greetings from Slovenia. :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Miss Kelly, welcome to the forum, your first post! Yes, it is a good idea to leave St Jean on a weekday, beware that at a normal pace you will be arriving Pamplona for the weekend and the city will be crowded, so, recommend making reservations for Pamplona. If you need information to make reservations for St Jean and any other location just ask. Good luck, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.
I would love a suggestion for where to stay in Pamplona. It did occur to me that I would be there on the weekend but wasn't sure if that meant more or less crowded. I plan to stay an extra day there - so two nights.

I would love a suggestion for where to stay in Pamplona. It did occur to me that I would be there on the weekend but wasn't sure if that meant more or less crowded. I plan to stay an extra day there - so two nights.
Miss Kelly, there are plenty of options in Pamplona, Team Sailor [my wife and me] made reservations at Albergue Casa Ibarrola, this one is located in the middle of the action and is easy to find when you enter the city. I like the place. It is clean and organized. Plus, the management is really helpful and will let you stay more than one night. Please see the link for info on this albergue.

https://www.casaibarrola.com/

Good luck, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

My husband and I are planning our first camino, Camino Portugués starting from Porto on 21st April 2018. We have 15 days to enjoy the camino before returning. There is now a lot of snow in Finland that makes training difficult. Or is it just laziness? I am very sorry for my English. I try my best. Thank you very much for the wonderful forum.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just booked my tickets and bought new boots. I'm starting from SJPDP (to Burgos) around the end of April. It is my second time but went from Leon to Finisterra, last time. This time I have ankle issues so I will be slow but I have plenty of time.
Looking forward to ordering coffee in Spanish...any one know what the basque is for a white coffee?

Jan(Australia)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
At the end of april this year I'll start my second pilgrimage. In 2013 I walked to Rome, where I arrived after two months and three weeks. I met 7 pilgrims along the way, so it was a lonely but beautiful way. This year I will hike my second pilgrimage. This time I will be walking from Vienna to Santiago de Compostela. I would like to cross the Pyrenees via the GR10 and am not sure which camino to take from there. The GR10 goes through SJPDP but also ends very close to the starting point of the camino del Norte. I guess I have enough time to make a decision about that :)
Wow, I wish!
Buen camino, peregrina.

Ewald and Annelie will start, D.V. in Porto on 21 June, and take it slow and easy till we reach Santiago on 8 July. My second Camino (Frances in 2011) and her first. We are planning to mostly stay on the Coastal Route, with maybe a deviation to Rates to see the aquaducts.

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

It appears from the current number of folks at this thread, that there is a significant number of fellow pilgrims in the mid-to-final stages of the planning for their Camino. I have also noticed a decidedly large number of folks observing from the fringes.

It's been my observation, that most folks don't "accidentally" come across a site such as this. They have a purpose and, if that purpose is to seek out information, therefore why not declare yourself by joining the site along with we peregrinos...past, present and soon to be. Start your Camino from right there in the comfort of your own home, but start it with the knowledge that there are folks that you want to meet and will want to meet you in return.

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.

Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2018?

Buen Camino
Arn

I fly from SYD into MAD and make my way (somehow!) to start my pilgrimage from SJPDP around 2nd May.
I’m so looking forward to the challenge, the scenery and meeting fello pilgrims like Lurch & many others!!
Buen Camino to you all.
Ken

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Booked my tickets for my second camino today. I will start July 24th from SJPP. Will fly to Madrid and from there, taking train to St Jean Pied of Port.

Welcome to the forum @MrsGoGo (and your English is fine) and @CelesteH - and all those who are setting our on their first Camino - may it be a wonderful, glorious, enlightening, experience! Buen Camino to you all.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I fly from SYD into MAD and make my way (somehow!) to start my pilgrimage from SJPDP around 2nd May.
I’m so looking forward to the challenge, the scenery and meeting fello pilgrims like Lurch & many others!!
Buen Camino to you all.
Ken
Hi Ken. I'm also from Sydney and depart Sydney 8 May to Madrid via Doha, planning on leaving SJPDP on Friday 11 May. Pete

All you people who have done multiple Camino's - which was your favourite? I hope to make it Sept/Oct this year, but haven't decided which one? I have done the CF twice, and loved that - are the others better?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Leaving California on May 19, 2018 to arrive in SJPDP late on May 20. Hoping to start the Camino Frances on May 22, 2018. Walking with one of my best friends. The anticipation is wonderful!

@Anamiri still the Camino Francés. But every camino is special and has wonderful aspects.

Well, this is a letdown! I was planning on myself and a friend starting the Frances in mid-May for 5 weeks but had a knee replacement and we are planing on late September now. So anyone I had chatted with regarding our May journey, sorry. I would be traveling then if a choice. Unfortunately, my knee vetoed it! So a burn Camino to all May-June pilgrims, my thoughts go with you.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If no changes, it looks like I'll be in SJPdP on the 25th, staying overnight at Gite Makila, and then into Roncesvalles on the 26th. This will be about 8 days prior to my son, Caleb, arriving in Burgos to join me.

Since my son and I did the Frances from SJPdP to Burgos last September, we will meet up in Burgos to finish the Camino into SdC. Since my time is more flexible, I wanted to retrace my steps from SJPdP into Burgos. There are a couple of segments which I will skip -- taxi or bus -- but I really want to revisit my walk -- which I tremendously enjoyed -- without the issue of a growing and uncomfortable inguinal hernia.

Having to depart early at Burgos in order to head home for surgery was a huge disappointment; but it did have a good ending with the silver lining of Caleb and I being able to continue our pilgrimage together. :D

Leaving California on May 19, 2018 to arrive in SJPDP late on May 20. Hoping to start the Camino Frances on May 22, 2018. Walking with one of my best friends. The anticipation is wonderful!
Miss Cali, welcome aboard, your first post! You are going to have FUN walking El Camino Frances. Good luck to you and your friend, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Enjoy your continued camino @davebugg - and the chance to share with your son.
Thanks, Kanga... You and the other good folks that make up the forum really give me an outlet to help make my impatience and antsiness bearable until the months pass before departure. :D:p:eek:

Hi to everybody here. I'm starting my first Camino (Frances) in the end of April 2018. I'm looking forward to meet you. Greetings from Slovenia. :)
Same here... end of April Start. All the best, Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just booked my tickets and bought new boots. I'm starting from SJPDP (to Burgos) around the end of April. It is my second time but went from Leon to Finisterra, last time. This time I have ankle issues so I will be slow but I have plenty of time.
Looking forward to ordering coffee in Spanish...any one know what the basque is for a white coffee?

Jan(Australia)
Hola Jan, my second as well, end of April start. Buen Camino

I will start my first Camino from SJPP on the 5th of April.

Buen Camino to all in the class of 2018!

Hello,
I make plans for my first Camino in March 2018.Now I read everything about the road on the Internet, Facebook and here in the Forum :)
Whether you gather courage to leave their everyday life .... I do not know.But you dear peregrinos are a great supporter!
Make an update start on April 20th from SJPDP. I arrive in the afternoon on April 19th. Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello! My husband and I will start our first Camino mid May from Madrid to Santiago. I am excited for the journey!

Last edited:
Okie dokie, I'm tossing my name in for the roster of the class of 2018!

C.F., solo, Sept.

But it doesn't seem real until I've purchased that airfare

I second the recommendation of Casa Ibarolla. I stayed there two nights at the start of my 2016 Camino and found it very clean, comfortable, and well located. It was a great place to rest from 24 hours of travel. The configuration of the beds provides privacy above and beyond most albergues. The owner was friendly and very helpful. As I arrived I found a fellow pilgrim in tears because the airline lost her backpack. She spoke no Spanish and was overwhelmed. The albergue owner was very reassuring, took the matter in hand and with several calls to Iberia (they apparently initially had no idea where the pack was), he had it on its way to the albergue. He provided toothbrush, paste, soap, towel, comb, etc. and even some spare clothes for her to use until her pack arrived. She had to postpone her departure a day, but because of the efforts of the owner, she left with all her things and with a smile on her face. A highest level recommendation for Casa Ibarolla.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello to you all, my son is riding shotgun on myself and 2 work mates who are all women in their 60,s (or near enough to anyway). We are walking the Camino Frances from SJPDP starting at the beginning of September. The seed for this walk was planted over 2 years ago and has sprouted into something which has been much thought about and is now nearly here, we buy our air tickets this Sunday! It will truly feel real then and I think the next few months will fly.
Thank you all for your thoughts and helpful advice on the forums.
Regards Pam.

Hello to you all, my son is riding shotgun on myself and 2 work mates who are all women in their 60,s (or near enough to anyway). We are walking the Camino Frances from SJPDP starting at the beginning of September. The seed for this walk was planted over 2 years ago and has sprouted into something which has been much thought about and is now nearly here, we buy our air tickets this Sunday! It will truly feel real then and I think the next few months will fly.
Thank you all for your thoughts and helpful advice on the forums.
Regards Pam.

Hi Pam,

Welcome to the forum!

Do scan the many topics offered here filled with helpful tips for planning your camino.

One very useful resource especially for those of us who are over 60 is www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/60-and-over-on-the-camino.12014/

Carpe diem and Buen camino to you and your walking pals!

2018 April will be the month to walk the Camino Igles another time.
Since 2011 ( except for 2012 ) I walked every year parts of that beautiful and inviting country Spain ( and Portugal ).:)

Still magical and surprising.
Now I just have to get rid of this horrid cough and cold and get some training done..;)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Pam,

Welcome to the forum!

Do scan the many topics offered here filled with helpful tips for planning your camino.

One very useful resource especially for those of us who are over 60 is www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/60-and-over-on-the-camino.12014/

Carpe diem and Buen camino to you and your walking pals!

Thanks mspath for the over 60 link, I'm sure I'll find handy tips for looking after older legs/feet/backs.
I must admit there is so much info on this site it can be a little overwhelming and has sometimes caused me to worry about what to take, what not to take but as I have accumulated clothes and equipment over the last year or so I'm pretty sure my pack will be light....ish and it will all work out ok in the end one way or another.

¡Hola! I will walk the Camino Francés from SJPDP starting May 1 or May 2. I've been dreaming of this for twenty years, and planning for eighteen months.

Here is the Pilgrim's Credo that has been especially helpful to me.

I am not in control.
I am not in a hurry.
I walk in faith and hope.
I greet everyone with peace.
I bring back only what God gives me.

--Fr. Murry Bodo, OSM

Hi Ken. I'm also from Sydney and depart Sydney 8 May to Madrid via Doha, planning on leaving SJPDP on Friday 11 May. Pete
Hi Pete
I looked at the flights via Doha, much cheaper than Emirates but a long stopover. Shame you’ll be a week behind me. I’ve booked nothing yet, but I think I need to reserve a room in SJPDP for one night. How are you planning to get from MAD to SJPDP? I think I arrive in MAD mid afternoon. Cheers. Ken

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
All you people who have done multiple Camino's - which was your favourite? I hope to make it Sept/Oct this year, but haven't decided which one? I have done the CF twice, and loved that - are the others better?
2013, 2014 and 2016 but I think my favourite is 2018 as I am more excited, nervous happy sad than all the others. Sad yes as I know the start of the Camino is also the end, I just have to walk slower smile more laugh louder and yes cry more often when I have to wave goodbye to my new friends.

Hi Pete
I looked at the flights via Doha, much cheaper than Emirates but a long stopover. Shame you’ll be a week behind me. I’ve booked nothing yet, but I think I need to reserve a room in SJPDP for one night. How are you planning to get from MAD to SJPDP? I think I arrive in MAD mid afternoon. Cheers. Ken
Hi Ken, our stop over going across is only 1.5 hours, arrive in Madrid about 8am and catching a bus to Pamplona. Hopefully I have a lift to SJPDP on 10 May, if not, I'll catch a bus. I'll keep an eye out for you along the way. :) Buen Camino Pete

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I’m so happy to have come across this page. So many experienced Camino pilgrims here.
Setting off on the 1st July from Dublin to Irun. Hoping to finish in Santiago.
This will be my 1st pilgrim. Excited about planning but am beginning to understand I have a lot to learn yet!!

Counting the days until Suzy and I start our Camino del Norte. We will travel from Providence, RI, USA to Dublin on June 19, then on to Biarritz on the 21st. Depending on how we feel, we may set off or stay in Irun. We are both over 60 and don't bounce back from jet lag like we did in our younger days.
We're trying to learn to speak a little Spanish with an app on our phones. I now feel I can read some Spanish and understand simple spoken sentences, but still struggle to compose sentences myself. Still some is better than none!
Not planning on bringing sleeping bags, just liners. We'll see how that pans out.
I need my coffee to start the day and am not looking forward to walking before getting some java. Could I bring instant coffee and heat up some water at the albergues? Do most have an electric kettle or some way to heat the water? I have been thinking about bringing an small immersion heater. Would that work?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Everybody! I am Stef, Now I can say Yes, to is my turn to introduce my self :) I bought the flight last night after more than two months spent thinking about booking it.. I would say that a couple of glass of prosecco helped me! I start this adventure on 28 august, from the UK and I am planning to walk // cycle, thank you all for being part of this beautiful community..the quote of my camino? This indeed:

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
J.RR Tolkien

Welcome aboard, your first post! Good luck with your planning and execution, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Counting the days until Suzy and I start our Camino del Norte. ........................
I need my coffee to start the day and am not looking forward to walking before getting some java. Could I bring instant coffee and heat up some water at the albergues? Do most have an electric kettle or some way to heat the water? I have been thinking about bringing an small immersion heater. Would that work?
We carry a small immersion heater (coil) and a 2 pin adaptor to fit the Spanish sockets. There is a whole thread devoted to the heating coil, and it is surprising how useful it is. We carry a few sachets of instant coffee (the sort you get in a motel room) and some powdered milk in a small plastic pot as well as a very lightweight mug. The last is useful if in a hostal rather than an albergue.
Buen Camino

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hello Everybody! I am Stef, Now I can say Yes, to is my turn to introduce my self :) I bought the flight last night after more than two months spent thinking about booking it.. I would say that a couple of glass of prosecco helped me! I start this adventure on 28 august, from the UK and I am planning to walk // cycle, thank you all for being part of this beautiful community..the quote of my camino? This indeed:

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
J.RR Tolkien
P.s. I will start from SJPDP, forgot to mention it :)

Counting the days until Suzy and I start our Camino del Norte. We will travel from Providence, RI, USA to Dublin on June 19, then on to Biarritz on the 21st. Depending on how we feel, we may set off or stay in Irun. We are both over 60 and don't bounce back from jet lag like we did in our younger days.
We're trying to learn to speak a little Spanish with an app on our phones. I now feel I can read some Spanish and understand simple spoken sentences, but still struggle to compose sentences myself. Still some is better than none!
Not planning on bringing sleeping bags, just liners. We'll see how that pans out.
We found hot water surprising difficult to get. In NZ and Australia, accommodation always comes with the means to boil water. Not so in Spain.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We carry a small immersion heater (coil) and a 2 pin adaptor to fit the Spanish sockets. There is a whole thread devoted to the heating coil, and it is surprising how useful it is. We carry a few sachets of instant coffee (the sort you get in a motel room) and some powdered milk in a small plastic pot as well as a very lightweight mug. The last is useful if in a hostal rather than an albergue.
Buen Camino
Thanks for pointing me to the thread I ordered my heater coil today!

Leaving SJPP on 27th May, first two weeks with family, then solo. Have done the
whole thing over the last 5 years in stages but this is a thro' hike. Meeting another family member in Santiago and then going on to Finnesterre. Looking forward to it.

Hello to all,

First time Camino for me. I am solo hiking the Primitivo starting the second week of May. I also hope to do the Hospitales route early on depending on the weather.

My partner Jen and I are leaving SJPdP for Finisterre on April 28th. This is her first long distance pilgrimage. This is my seventh, all very different from one another, ranging from 3,700+miles to 200 miles. I did the long walk across America in 1986 when I was a spry 28, so it will be fun to be on the road again at 60!

Heading out for the Camino from St Jean on March 31 with my brother in law. Hiked from St Jean to Burgos last year before family issues required my return home and Im dying to get back.

The Camino really takes over your life during the few months leading up to the departure date.

The adventure is drawing near... My first Camino is starting soon! From Canada, I fly to Bordeaux, landing April 5th. After a day's rest, I'm traveling by train / bus to St Palais (on the Le Puy route). Plan to start walking from there to get more of a "taste" of the French side. Am anticipating staying in Gamarthe April 7th, and passing through SJPP to Valcarlos April 9th unless the Napoleon route is open. I've not yet booked any accommodation other than in Bordeaux.

I am very excited to be on my way, and looking forward to the friends I'll meet along the way.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My third Camino Frances will commence in September '18. Solo the last 2 times, this time with my sweetie. I know what she will say, but dagnammit, I like the Valcarlos ...

Okie dokie, I'm tossing my name in for the roster of the class of 2018!

C.F., solo, Sept.

But it doesn't seem real until I've purchased that airfare
Welcome aboard, your first post! Good looking avatar! Solo traveling and ready for a great adventure, please keep us posted on your travel plans. September is a great month to start your camino. Good luck, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

. . . My first Camino is starting soon! . . .
Welcome aboard, your first post! You are going to have an awesome camino. Happy planning and execution. Que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Leaving SJPdP on May 19th. Looking forward to experiencing the CF again...in a new season. (First was Sept.-Oct 2016).

You'll love it, poppies, wildflowers, storks, cherries..

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Well, plans have changed already, a taste of what's to come on the journey? I've just booked my flight to Biarritz form London on 28th February. I'll be travelling to SJPdP the following day and plan to start on the way the following day 2nd March. I'm hoping to complete the journey in time to return home on 9th of April. Hopefully that's enough time without rushing around.
I am doing my first Camino ex St Jean PdP in two weeks! Hope you are warm and dry.

Hi Pete

Hi Ken. Also from Sydney, I'm flying into Paris CDG from where you can get a train to Bayonne (via Bordeaux) and SJPdP, arriving the same day. Cathay gets you into CDG in time for the train from the airport. Might help your planning? I found Trainline.eu excellent for booking trains. Hope that helps.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hello! We are from Singapore. My wife and I are approaching 60 and it has been in our bucket list to do the Camino before we hit that number. So from May 3-9 we will be walking the Camino Portuguese from Tuy to Santiago. As it is our first experience, we have bought ourselves the Brierley CP guide book. We have already booked ourselves hotels along the way.

We have some questions on what clothes to pack. Will the weather be warm enough for shorts/bermudas?
We intend to travel light. Is there a list of laundromats that I can research where we can do some washing?
We intend to have our bags transferred by Tuitrans; should that be arranged when we arrive at our hotel in Tuy?

Many thanks

I'm looking forward to starting the Camino in September 2018! I'm excited, nervous, apprehensive, and thrilled to undertake this adventure!!! I will be spending my 65th birthday on the Way with whomever Peligrinos I meet....

I too will be celebrating my birthday while on the Camino starting in SJPdP Sept 1 2018. I first heard about the Camino while biking around Ireland in my 20's. I planned way back then to do this with my mom who would have been 75 on the day we started and my sister ( we both are 50 for a part of this year together) and finish about on my 50th then continue along to celebrate in Paris as my sister turns 51. Sadly my mom passed away a few years ago but my sister wimped out and only planned to join me for the Paris shopping part. Now she has met a new man and that part is out for her too. So its just me!!!
I can't believe that its right around the corner. I decided to walk to my sons school to start my "training" and the 45 minutes had me sore and doubting- well ok if I must be completely honest TOTALLY FREAKING OUT.
I completely panicked then I found this lovely place.
Ok maybe its a lovely place filled with people who are just as crazy as me but Ill take it!
Every one I know keeps pointing out what a dumb idea it is. Its wonderful to find like minded people. Thank you to all of you who take so much time to answer so many questions. It really does mean a lot to those of us lurking around the edges. waiting to dip our toes in.....
Its real now. I just posted....woo hoo!

First time, August 22,CF, solo. Looking forward to it but a little scared.

First time, August 22,CF, solo. Looking forward to it but a little scared.
I am going solo too. A bit excited. The only nervous part for me will be getting out of Paris unscathed. I am flying to Biarritz so don’t have to risk the trains out of Paris.

A lot of forum members with their plane tickets on hand! I need to get hot on getting things done here before hitting the camino again. So, this is in my to-do list, in priority order:

(1) Finish my 2017 tax return, send checks to Federal and State tax collectors.
(2) Purchase 3-pairs of Bright RED socks for my next camino.
(3) Purchase two-way flight tickets to Madrid.

Ultreya, la luz de Dios alumbra su camino!

Miss Kelly, there are plenty of options in Pamplona, Team Sailor [my wife and me] made reservations at Albergue Casa Ibarrola, this one is located in the middle of the action and is easy to find when you enter the city. I like the place. It is clean and organized. Plus, the management is really helpful and will let you stay more than one night. Please see the link for info on this albergue.

https://www.casaibarrola.com/

Good luck, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Do you think they will be just as accommodating during the week of San Fermin?

Im going to be flying into CDG from California on Jul 4 and should be in Pamplona either on the 7th or 8th. Considering staying 2 days in Pamplona during San Fermin...

Do you think they will be just as accommodating during the week of San Fermin?

Im going to be flying into CDG from California on Jul 4 and should be in Pamplona either on the 7th or 8th. Considering staying 2 days in Pamplona during San Fermin...
Recommend contacting them via email as soon as possible. The website shows the albergue closed to pilgrim during San Fermin so no peregrinos in the albergue during the running of the bulls! Good luck y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
ok now I'm officially concerned. thanks for the input, I will definitely start calling around and locate a definitive place to stay during that time

Hello everyone! I am planning to do the Camino France with my wife and son starting from SJPP at June 15th. It is our first camino and first time travel to Europe. I'm looking forward to meet you all. Greetings from Taiwan.

Hello everyone! I am planning to do the Camino France with my wife and son starting from SJPP at June 15th. It is our first camino and first time travel to Europe. I'm looking forward to meet you all. Greetings from Taiwan.
Mister Carson Chen, welcome aboard, your first post! You and your wife are going to like Europe and are going to LOVE Spain, good luck with your planning and execution. Greetings from the United States of America. Que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I guess I'm in the class of 2018 as well! Will walk from SJPdP around May 10th over the Valcarlos route taking 2 days to reach Roncevalles, then will skip ahead to Galicia. This is my first Camino, too scared and too little time to do the whole of it. After shattering my talus bone 2 years ago, I'm grateful that I can even walk, so 8-10 km/day is my goal. I'll wave at you all as you pass me! Watch for the short lady with the purple pack.

Hi everyone. I will also throw my hat into the ring. Set off from Adelaide early next month and start walking from SJPdP on Friday 13th of April. I won't be setting any land-speed records, but hopefully that will bode well for an exciting and injury free walk. See some of you on the trail. Kath

Reading the forums I gather that walking the France's is an amazing experience. Happy walking. I am planning on leaving SJPDP on 19th April. Our paths may cross.
I'm booked into orisson on 18th.. I'll be walking very slowly so if you're starting a day or so after me you'll definitely catch up.

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

It appears from the current number of folks at this thread, that there is a significant number of fellow pilgrims in the mid-to-final stages of the planning for their Camino. I have also noticed a decidedly large number of folks observing from the fringes.

It's been my observation, that most folks don't "accidentally" come across a site such as this. They have a purpose and, if that purpose is to seek out information, therefore why not declare yourself by joining the site along with we peregrinos...past, present and soon to be. Start your Camino from right there in the comfort of your own home, but start it with the knowledge that there are folks that you want to meet and will want to meet you in return.

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.

Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2018?

Buen Camino
Arn
My Wife and I plan to Walk our first Camino Frances starting from St Jean pied de port on Tuesday 17th April. We have been saving our leave for like ever and plan to take two months to enjoy every moment of the trail.

My Camino has just become more real: I have booked a ticket from Boston to Paris, arriving at SJPP probably September 12, 2018. I would love to know of other pilgrims walking the Frances around that time.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My Camino has just become more real: I have booked a ticket from Boston to Paris, arriving at SJPP probably September 12, 2018. I would love to know of other pilgrims walking the Frances around that time.
Hi , you will be not walking alone .

Wish you well , Peter .

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

€149,-
Well, this is a letdown! I was planning on myself and a friend starting the Frances in mid-May for 5 weeks but had a knee replacement and we are planing on late September now. So anyone I had chatted with regarding our May journey, sorry. I would be traveling then if a choice. Unfortunately, my knee vetoed it! So a burn Camino to all May-June pilgrims, my thoughts go with you.
ARRRGH!!! I hate spellcheck...a BUEN camino, not burn

Walking out of SJPdP on April 11 with my friend, Kathryn from Melbourne. Hope to be in SdC around May18. Can't wait! To all a:
View media item 5650

Hi all. My name is Carmen and embark on my Camino Frances adventure from SJPdP 28th May 2018.
I am one of those, dare I say 'watchers' admirers of all knowledge this forum affords. I have read, listened, learned from all those that post. Everything is meaningful, wonderful information. The 'Not a serious thread' threads are hilarious FYI. I cannot wait to start. I thank you all. Happy to be part of class of 2018! :)

Miss Carmen you are going to love the camino! Take it easy and enjoy! Good luck, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Hi all. My name is Carmen and embark on my Camino Frances adventure from SJPdP 28th May 2018.
I am one of those, dare I say 'watchers' admirers of all knowledge this forum affords. I have read, listened, learned from all those that post. Everything is meaningful, wonderful information. The 'Not a serious thread' threads are hilarious FYI. I cannot wait to start. I thank you all. Happy to be part of class of 2018! :)
Hi Carmen , wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino, Peter .
ps , the " Not a serious thread " is indeed hilarious .

Miss Carmen you are going to love the camino! Take it easy and enjoy! Good luck, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.
You changed your avatar! :oops:
Thank you Sailor.
My Spanish lessons Start this Monday! (full on one-to-one, 6 hours/week for 5 weeks) - hopefully I will be able to converse on a very basic/simplistic level with the fabulous Spaniards I hope to encounter.
I am embracing this Camino with every particle in me.
With a name like 'Carmen' (Spanish in origin) one would/could have thought I would have embraced all things Spanish before now ..... Sadly no.
Slow study, quick learner?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Carmen , wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino, Peter .
ps , the " Not a serious thread " is indeed hilarious .
Peter, You are, as ALWAYS so vey gracious.
Thankyou. I would have felt somewhat cheated if you had not shared your ALWAYS (to every new pilgrim, actually ALL pilgrims) your kind words with me :).
Elephants are already awaiting my arrival, red socks + hiding in 'cherry trees'. If you happen to see them mine mine mine ....LOL.

Yes, Miss Carmen, new avatar, change is good. The patron saint of my home town is La Virgen del Carmen. God bless you y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back