A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Clearing the trail for peregrinos

Camino Badges

peregrina2000

Staff member
Last month, when Alun and I walked the Olvidado, there was a stage going into Buiza that was very hard to follow, overgrown, and confusing, even with my GPS. Looks like the bushwhacking squad has been out to clear the path. We owe these volunteers so much -- they have put in signs, organized to get albergues, done everything they can to make this a great camino experience.

peregrina2000

Staff member
You know this would be a perfect camino to try to organize a forum mob, much like the Mob on the Mozárabe that gathered in Almería last year. We had about 13 or 14 who showed up at the bar in Almería, and we very soon spread out into smaller groups. It was nice because it meant almost guaranteed companionship at night. And running into folks in bars, etc, during the day. If I hadn't just walked the Olvidado this year, I would try it myself. Or maybe I will try it for the Lana next year. ;)

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
You know this would be a perfect camino to try to organize a forum mob, much like the Mob on the Mozárabe that gathered in Almería last year. We had about 13 or 14 who showed up at the bar in Almería, and we very soon spread out into smaller groups. It was nice because it meant almost guaranteed companionship at night. And running into folks in bars, etc, during the day. If I hadn't just walked the Olvidado this year, I would try it myself. Or maybe I will try it for the Lana next year. ;)
Ooh! It sounds like an excellent adjunct protect for the Ditch Pigs...

pelerine

Camino(s) past & future
Norte (2010j, Primitivo (2013), Plata (2014 + 2015), Salvador (2016), Torres 2017), Portugues (2018
Laurie, I’d love to try the Lana! Let’s get something going. You can inspire the fast and fit, I’ll be tailing days behind with the tag-alongs.
....and I would love to tag along with other oldies way behind the fast and fit on the Olvidado in 2021! Any takers?

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.5%