• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Search for man missing on the Camino Olvidado. Update - he has been found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
A news website is reporting on the disappearance of a Catalan man last known to have been walking the Olvidado. The Mossos and the Guardia Civil are involved in trying to locate him.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Wow. Just logged on as I'm slowly thinking about next years travel and the Olvidado is on my list...top of the list in fact. Definitely keeping this pilgrim in my prayers today.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The most strenuous mountain stretch is before Vegacervera , and he was seen there. But the most remote part, I think, is the hills/mountains after Pola De Gordon. I can’t remember if there is cell phone service on that stage or not, but if he were injured, he might not be able to get help easily. I know that the emergency services teams in that part of Spain are outstanding (and were in fact sent to Afghanistan to help with the Kabul evacuation), so I think we can at least have confidence that there are very skilled people looking for him.

A news website is reporting on the disappearance of a Catalan man last known to have been walking the Olvidado. The Mossos and the Guardia Civil are involved in trying to locate him.

Just in case it gets overlooked: He has been missing for nearly a month now. He was last seen on 7 July 2023.

It has been brought to the attention of a wider public because the CNDES, as mentioned in this news article, published a number of missing person announcements on Twitter in recent days, including this one.

Very sad to read news like this. I hope the poor man is ok and us found soon. And any others reported as missing.
An awful thing for his family and friends. In places like that surely it’s best to always walk with others, at least one other. Pray he be found.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The most strenuous mountain stretch is before Vegacervera , and he was seen there. But the most remote part, I think, is the hills/mountains after Pola De Gordon. I can’t remember if there is cell phone service on that stage or not, but if he were injured, he might not be able to get help easily. I know that the emergency services teams in that part of Spain are outstanding (and were in fact sent to Afghanistan to help with the Kabul evacuation), so I think we can at least have confidence that there are very skilled people looking for him.
I'll send you a message Laurie if I can figure it out.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back