• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Compostela questions for Santiago and Finesterre

motero99

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2019
Camino Portugues (2023)
How long do you have after finishing the Camino to get your certificate in Santiago?
I am thinking of continuing on to Finisterre immediately after arriving in Santiago. Is there any reason that my credentials would not be accepted if I returned to Santiago 3 or 4 days later and went to the Camino office? If I do hike to Finesterre present my stuff after, does that get added on to the distance on the certificate or is there a separate one for the Finesterre trip? I can't remember what the certificates are called from my Camino Frances journey last year, but I do remember there were two, a distance one and one for completing the Camino. I am planning on do the Camino Norte this year.
thank you

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There are seperate certificates given in both Muxia and Finisterre for for those portions.

You can go get your Compostela 4 days, 4 weeks, or 4 months later.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
In case you do the complete roundway “Santiago - Finisterre - Muxia - Santiago“ (or SdC-Muxia-Fisterra-SdC) you may collect a second Compostela in Santiago, as you fulfill the 100km requirement.

I recommend to collect the seperate pilgrim‘s passport (credencial) for the Camino de Finisterre in the galician TouristOffice, which is located in the same building as the pilgrim‘s office. The credencial is for free.

If you walk from S. de C. to Finisterre to Muxia and then back to S. de C, you could, if you wish, collect a Finisterra, Muxiana and another compostela once you remember to get the necessary 'sellos' for the compostela.

In 2017 I walked thé Camino Portugees from Coimbra and got my Compostela and then I started my walk Santiago-Muxias-Finisterre-Santiago and got my second Compostela!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum