• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Couple of questions about Litoral way in October

realTIP

Time of past OR future Camino
6.10.23 Porto-> Santiago -> Fisterra
Hello everyone! I have tried to find some special info for me but... created this post.

Im going to start camino from Porto at 6th of October - most of the time along the ocean(litoral way).
And after that going to Fisterra.

My questions:
1) what should i wear on my apper body? do i need fleece sweaters?
2) do i need long jacket made of membrane(on the picture, 800g weighs) instead of a raincoat?
3) how to quickly return from Fisterra to Santiago de Compostela.
4) what temperatures should i take a sleeping bag for if sleep in a regular albergue?
5) can i receive credencial in Se do Porto on weekends?

Attachments

• photo_2023-09-14_18-17-51.jpg
    photo_2023-09-14_18-17-51.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 8
A selection of Camino Jewellery
To answer some of your questions:
1) It really depends on the weather which can vary from year to year and which it is still a bit early to predict with any accuracy now. When I walked in early October 2018, starting along the Senda Litoral it was still quite hot and a fleece sweater would have been out of the question. It got a bit cooler towards mid-October, especially early in the morning. I didn't really need one. But I'm okay setting off in the morning in a tee shirt in 10 degree weather confident that I will warm up while walking (as will the weather, generally). If you like a fleece sweater for a cool morning, I would take it.
2) What is the best rain protection is a subject of endless debate on these forums. If you check out the Equipment and Clothes forum, there is lots of advice about rain protection. You can count on encountering some rain, especially when you arrive in Galicia.
3) Monbus operates several buses a day from Fisterra to Santiago
4) When I walked in October, a sleeping bag liner was sufficient but many will advise taking a light sleeping bag. You don't need anything heavy. It's not like you will be in a tent in winter. Albergues can be cool at night but they aren't cold. Especially in October.
5) You should be able to get one in the cathedral when it opens. It's open on weekends, of course, but not early in the morning.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.