• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Covid on Le Puy en Velay route

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suefield

Time of past OR future Camino
Le puy Cahors to SJPDP
My friend and I are planning to walk from Le Puy to Cahors in September. Does anyone know about / have experience of catching Covid on this route ? Current French regulation is 7 days isolation, which would mean changing our pre-booked accommodation, finding a place that would accept us for isolation....

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I too am planning a camino walk from Le Puy in September, leaving Le Puy on Sept. 11. I do not know what the covid situation or regulations will be then. I shall find out shortly before I leave Canada, then adjust however I must. Life is frustratingly uncertain at present.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I too am planning a camino walk from Le Puy in September, leaving Le Puy on Sept. 11. I do not know what the covid situation or regulations will be then. I shall find out shortly before I leave Canada, then adjust however I must. Life is frustratingly uncertain at present.
Albertagirl,
Indeed. We do not know the future but
must adjust when we are able.
Carpe diem.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My friend and I are planning to walk from Le Puy to Cahors in September. Does anyone know about / have experience of catching Covid on this route ? Current French regulation is 7 days isolation, which would mean changing our pre-booked accommodation, finding a place that would accept us for isolation....
Things can change so quickly. I walked the same route last September. Some places required a vaccine passport most did not. I had to stay a few nights in Estaing because of blisters and was not asked questions at the hotel I stayed at so I’m assuming one could isolate there. Gites and hostels are more personal and people stay in the same rooms often so I would think isolating in a gîte would not be a go. But hotels probably yes. I did not encounter anyone with Covid last fall and it was pretty rampant worldwide then. Good luck! It is absolutely beautiful and a joy to walk.

I looked at my Magic Eight Ball and it said come back later.
I have been double vaxxed and boosted twice and I got my QR code way before I needed it and I am still wondering about a trip I am starting on 20 April 22 from the USA!
I’m leaving Australia on the 20th, so maybe I’ll see you there, biarritzdon. Sue field, my plan is ‘one foot in front of the other with my fingers crossed.’ If it happens, there will be a way through it 😊

G'Day, I would love to meet you for an apero but I am headed to Paris/Biarritz on 21/4 and then staying in Biarritz for about 2 weeks. I have no plans to go to Le Puy or walk the Camino next month. I will take my obligatory trip to have a drink at Orisson with Jean-Jacques some time late in May. I hope I see some Forum members.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.