A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Credential?

katesmash

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (?) (2018)
So, my mother and I leave for our first Camino in a week. We just sort of assumed we could pick up a credential when we get there. Is this the case, or do we need to order them from some official place?

Advertisment

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" camino
Porto to SdC May 2019
When you get where exactly? Which Camino are you walking? Where do you start from?

You can purchase a credential in various places - refugios, town halls, cathedrals.

With a week to go I'd have thought you'd have everything sorted by now. You DO have footwear, backpacks sorted I hope? o_O

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Seven Compostelas in Three years and counting......
I see in your Camino's past and future it sais Frances. If you are starting in St. Jean Pied de Port no problem. Just head to the pilgrim office and pick up a credential there. You should go there anyway, to get your first stamp and more importantly get the walking conditions current in the Pyrenees.

Buen Camino!

Davey

Camino(s) past & future
Moissac to Santiago Spring 2005 was the first foray.
Kate - how exciting!! You are nearly off!! As above, it depends upon where you start .. they are available .. and you will find it becomes fun to get those Sellos (the stamps).
So - where do you start?

katesmash

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (?) (2018)
We are either starting in Sarria or Lugo, as mom isn’t sure she can manage more than 100km (I’m hoping we’ll be able to push to Finisterre)

Advertisment

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
We are either starting in Sarria or Lugo, as mom isn’t sure she can manage more than 100km (I’m hoping we’ll be able to push to Finisterre)
Kate, you should provide much more info for us to be able to answer what you are asking. You are starting from Sarria, that's OK. I think almost every albergue in Sarria is selling credentials which you can check here:
https://www.gronze.com/etapa/sarria/portomarin if you click on certain albergue link. If there is "expiden la credencial" then you can obtain it there.

It's not about 100kms it's about how many days you are planning to walk. You can walk last 100km ten days or just two...

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%