A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Credentials for Lebaniego

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (Planning)
Hi all!

I've read about the Credentials for the Camino Lebaniego pilgrimage to Sto Toribio, which can be collected in Santander. However, I have a doubt.

Can I use my Santiago credential in the Lebaniego and present it at the monastery of Sto Toribio to get the certificate? My intention is to start in Irun, walk the Norte until San Vicente de La Barquera and then turn towards Sto Toribio. I love stamps and would like to collect them from the start, however I cannot get Liebana Credentials posted to Australia.

In the Camino Lebaniego official webiste I found:

¿La credencial del Camino del Norte vale para los albergues del Camino Lebaniego?
. Todas las credenciales valen para todos los caminos.

So I believe the answer is yes, but can anyone confirm? The question is about albergues, and I would really like to get the Liebana certificate. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi, Anamaya,
I walked the Norte to San Vicente to Potes to the Vadiniense into León in 2011 and only had a regular credencial. There was no problem and I did get the certificate in Santo Toribio, though I now have no idea where it is. :) I am sure you won’t have any problem.

Are you planning to continue onto the Vadiniense? There is some mighty fine scenery along the way, particularly from Potes to Fuente De and through the mountains.

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (Planning)
Are you planning to continue onto the Vadiniense?
Thank you so much for the reply! That's good news :)
Continuing on the Vadiniense will depend on how much time is left after we reach Sto Toribio. I read your blog and the guides, seems like amazing landscapes!

In your personal preference, if you had time, would you continue on the Vadiniense or go back to the Norte and walk a bit more? And do you think the post-Potes trail is nicer than the pre-Potes one?

Canuck

Veteran Member
No doubt, you can collect a credencial for Santo Toribio de Liébana from the Parroquia de la Catedral in Santander.
I have one to spare if you're interested.

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (Planning)
Thanks for the kind offer, @Canuck! But I may just collect them in Santander (two, as we are walking in a pair), until then I will use the Santiago ones :)
Have you walked to Sto Toribio? Did you enjoy it?

Canuck

Veteran Member
Thanks for the kind offer, @Canuck! But I may just collect them in Santander (two, as we are walking in a pair), until then I will use the Santiago ones :)
Have you walked to Sto Toribio? Did you enjoy it?
Good! Have a good walk.
I walked from the other direction (starting in Palencia on the Camino Libaniego-Castellano). Can't comment on the way from San Vincente de la Barquera. All I know is that my friends in Sanander praise it a lot.

dd581

Camino(s) past & future
2016 Sep./Oct. - Camino del Norte (- Avilés) - Oviedo - Camino del Salvador (reverse) - Camino Francés (León - SdC) - Camino Inglés - SdC - Múxia - Finisterre
2017 Apr. Camino Portugues (Porto - SdC)
No doubt, you can collect a credencial for Santo Toribio de Liébana from the Parroquia de la Catedral in Santander.
I have one to spare if you're interested.
Hi Canuck! How many fields for the stamps are there in the lebaniego credentials? Would you be willing to sell it to me and could you send id to the US as I'm here for another two weeks before I return back to Germany and the Camino is calling very loudly already!
Cheers,
Denis

Canuck

Veteran Member
Hi Canuck! How many fields for the stamps are there in the lebaniego credentials? Would you be willing to sell it to me and could you send id to the US as I'm here for another two weeks before I return back to Germany and the Camino is calling very loudly already!
Cheers,
Denis
Hi Denis,
Here is what it looks like.
I'll be glad to send it to you for free.
I have two available.
If interested, contact me in private.
Cheers,
Jean-Marc

Attachments

Last edited:

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%