• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Daily blog on the Camino Portugués

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You took some really nice photos. Your first post mentioned how noisy it was because of the airport and you assumed that the people living there get used to it. Believe me they do!!! I grew up in The Bronx and the El (Elevated subway) went right past my window. In fact I could see the faces of the riders and I could throw a water ballon at 10 years old and hit the subway going by. My dad used to say that the el was insurance against any of my mother's relatives staying with us. Of course it always freaked me out as to where I would sleep since my brother and I slept in the small bedroom and my parents slept on a pull out sofa in the living room. The subway ran 24 hours a day and never woke me up even when the house shook a little every time the train went by. In fact after that we moved to a new apartment that was called Scott Towers that was built over a subway yard. You think trains going by are loud? Listen to trains crawling into a subway yard all night with the brakes screeching and horns blaring. Believe me we humans are adaptable haha!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This was fun to read. Your Moita do Norte lodging is just up the street from our place. He just turned it into lodgings last summer, and it seems to be quite popular with pilgrims. A bit cheaper than the Barquinha hotels, and essentially located steps off the caminho, with 2 cafés nearby. Sadly, the small grocery store on that street closed over the winter. Not enough business to compete with the bigger local supermarkets, I suspect.

Bom caminho, Paul.

Loving your blog, Paul - it brings back memories of our walk from Lisbon last May. We stayed in a couple of the same places as you enjoying Enrico's place in Valada - and had a long lunch at the river side cafe too 😊 We went back there for dinner before it closed for the evening. We also stayed at the same accommodation outside Azinhaga - we had the bunk room to ourselves so felt like a private apartment:)
Looking forward to following the rest of your journey. Bom caminho, Linda

A selection of Camino Jewellery
This was fun to read. Your Moita do Norte lodging is just up the street from our place. He just turned it into lodgings last summer, and it seems to be quite popular with pilgrims. A bit cheaper than the Barquinha hotels, and essentially located steps off the caminho, with 2 cafés nearby. Sadly, the small grocery store on that street closed over the winter. Not enough business to compete with the bigger local supermarkets, I suspect.

Bom caminho, Paul.
I had a nice stay there. It was Antonio’s childhood home and he’s set it up very well .

Loving your blog, Paul - it brings back memories of our walk from Lisbon last May. We stayed in a couple of the same places as you enjoying Enrico's place in Valada - and had a long lunch at the river side cafe too 😊 We went back there for dinner before it closed for the evening. We also stayed at the same accommodation outside Azinhaga - we had the bunk room to ourselves so felt like a private apartment:)
Looking forward to following the rest of your journey. Bom caminho, Linda
Thanks Linda. I missed getting back to the riverside place and the only option was steak and chips!

Most read last week in this forum

Camino Mozarabe...a route that is not that well trodden, but is massively under estimated (in Marks humble opinion ). Mark went out to Malaga earlier this year and managed to get a walk from the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.