A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Dax to Bayonne train

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

Bilbo

Camino(s) past & future
none in the past 1 september
hey there ,new here and coming down on the train next week ,just wondering if anyone knows the platform for the dax to bayonne sncf train and also start point of the sncf bayonne to spdp bus ,cant make any sense of the info i have found .
if not i will ask but its a very tight changeover ,thanks

Bradypus

Antediluvian
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
Can't help about the platform question - and I think that might vary depending on whether you are catching a TER or TGV in any case.

If SNCF are running a replacement bus service from Bayonne to SJPDP it will start from the car park right outside the Bayonne station. As it will almost certainly be surrounded by dozens of people with rucksacks and trekking poles it should be easy enough to spot.

Bilbo

Camino(s) past & future
ah yes cheers, the train is ter 66523 ,didnt ask for a bus on the last bit but did it through trainline bus 5487

Kathar1na

Camino(s) past & future
Santiago and beyond (own way - voie de Tours - camino francés - Biskaya - Manche)
@Bilbo, is there a reason why you want to change trains in Dax. People usually change trains in Bordeaux when their destination is Bayonne and they are not on a direct train from Paris (I guess that's what "coming down" means ☺).

Bilbo

Camino(s) past & future
getting the eurostar to paris first

Bilbo

Camino(s) past & future
@Bilbo, is there a reason why you want to change trains in Dax. People usually change trains in Bordeaux when their destination is Bayonne and they are not on a direct train from Paris (I guess that's what "coming down" means ☺).
yeh coming down from up north 🙂 little bit nervous ,havnt left the uk for a very long time ,but here in cornwall isnt too bad !

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%