Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Dax to Bayonne train

Bilbo

Year of past OR future Camino
One started september 2020 ,Frances from sjpdp
hey there ,new here and coming down on the train next week ,just wondering if anyone knows the platform for the dax to bayonne sncf train and also start point of the sncf bayonne to spdp bus ,cant make any sense of the info i have found .
if not i will ask but its a very tight changeover ,thanks

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Bradypus

Staff member
Too many and too often!
Can't help about the platform question - and I think that might vary depending on whether you are catching a TER or TGV in any case.

If SNCF are running a replacement bus service from Bayonne to SJPDP it will start from the car park right outside the Bayonne station. As it will almost certainly be surrounded by dozens of people with rucksacks and trekking poles it should be easy enough to spot.

Bilbo

ah yes cheers, the train is ter 66523 ,didnt ask for a bus on the last bit but did it through trainline bus 5487

Kathar1na

To Santiago and back (roads & paths; Tours; Francés; sea; roads & paths)
@Bilbo, is there a reason why you want to change trains in Dax. People usually change trains in Bordeaux when their destination is Bayonne and they are not on a direct train from Paris (I guess that's what "coming down" means ☺).

Bilbo

getting the eurostar to paris first

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Bilbo

@Bilbo, is there a reason why you want to change trains in Dax. People usually change trains in Bordeaux when their destination is Bayonne and they are not on a direct train from Paris (I guess that's what "coming down" means ☺).
yeh coming down from up north 🙂 little bit nervous ,havnt left the uk for a very long time ,but here in cornwall isnt too bad !

Bilbo

in the end this wasnt a problem the train was waiting for ours and we were straight on it ,the paris section was a challange as metro was down and we ended up walking between the train stations in the early hours then waiting in a doorway overnight as station was shut ,whoops .
also the bayonne to sjpdp is not outside the station but down the road ,right as you walk out of the station

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads